Question April fools = False new reports! Is this accepted?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i'm familiar with april fools, is simply supposed to be a harmless prank meant to make people laugh, but it doesn't mean it supposed to be posting false information, especially on a site that share information almost every day about stuff like game news, and new exploits and hacks. For one thing i trust this site for reliable information and seeing this kind of stuff posted as "normal news" i find disturbing. If it was just EOF post then i suppose is not really a problem (That stuff never goes on front page and i hardly look there anyway)

The front page is just click bait central for false news reports for the excuse of april fools days. What happened to good days where the kind of jokes people posted was obvious and simple, open a door to water bucket on head, sit in chair with whoopie cushion, switching a drink with another drink. Look i get april fools brings out the fools in people around the fools, and no is not a protest against celebrating it, just you can do a lot more than target false news reports on a site that mostly shares news reports. :mellow:

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
To be honest, this year is far far better than what I've seen in previous years. We don't have every other thread being a "hurr durr April Fool trololol" one made by 2edgy4me tryhards who then continue to whine when people call them out for being crap tier.

EDIT: FML I just had to jinx it. As soon as I posted this, the shitstorm started. AF does NOT equate to spamming dumbfuckery. It's like watching a really really reaaaaally bad self-proclaimed comedian

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time gamefaqs.com shut down for the entire day and replaced their front page with something that basically said the government declared cheating in video games illegal and forced them to shut down. Bad, obviously fake prank, and no one could use the site. So lame.

Boogieboo6

@realDonaldTrump
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
April Fools Day is not supposed to be Fake News Day. The only way to keep it from being so is by not posting fake news.
hqdefault.jpg

Trump memes are best memes

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You guys should be happy I'm at work right now and not writing a prank article - if I did write one, it wouldn't just be April Fools, it'd be the national Butthurtprazol appreciation day. :tpi:

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys should be happy I'm at work right now and not writing a prank article - if I did write one, it wouldn't just be April Fools, it'd be the national Butthurtprazol appreciation day. :tpi:
Well when you put it like that, I'm kinda sad that you're at work. Sounds like a fun read. :rofl2:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Can't tell if joking, incredibly stupid, or just never been on the internet before.

Welcome to April fools literally every single year on many sites.
Eh. Some years it's fun. Other years it's just pathetic.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could someone explain why I was tagged here? I don't get the thread.

Also the EOF is finally on the proper side, so much easier to read.
Same--and I'm pretty unsure how that person knew me since I have been inactive here when he joined this website. I just liked it to not feel bad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: