Apple Surpasses Microsoft As Top Tech Company

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure why people are mentioning apple products being over priced. According to the article Microsoft are still making more profit. I imagine Apple's shares got a boost with the hype and launch of the ipad.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mercluke said:
Edhel said:
I'm not sure why people are mentioning apple products being over priced.
try living in australia and you'll see why

http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad

$629~$1049 AUD
(that's $532~$887USD according to google)

I agree apple products are over priced, hence why I don't own any...
I just feel it doesn't hold much relevance to the current topic. It mentions share value being greater and not actual overall profit.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Of course they surpass Microsoft, if they sell their iGarbage for 10 times the price a normal thing can do better. I wish Jobs would GTFO already, I'm sick of this shit.
The only people who complain about the price are those who can't afford it, so maybe instead of whining about their products being expensive, you can just accept the fact that they make great products and leave it at that. I aint no Mac fanboy but the iPhone is one of the best mobile phones on the market, all of it's features it does exceptionally well. Can't vouch much for their computers, they are nice but are horribly limited in terms of upgrades for what you pay, but if you are looking for an all-in-one style machine with high performance, get an iMac because you won't get it out of a Windows one.

inb4 linux alternative

mercluke said:
QUOTE(Edhel @ May 30 2010, 10:45 AM)

$629~$1049 AUD

the base model is only 499usd bro.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Cermage said:
mercluke said:
Edhel said:

$629~$1049 AUD

i am aware of the rrp in usa
i was listing australian prices and what they would cost if buying with usd in australia (which is why i said try living in australia)

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Cermage said:
mercluke said:
Edhel said:

$629~$1049 AUD
i am aware of the rrp in usa
i was listing australian prices and what they would cost if buying with usd in australia (which is why i said try living in australia)
You think that's bad? Try living in the UK, the base 16GB model is £429. That's $620.98.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cermage said:
DSGamer64 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Of course they surpass Microsoft, if they sell their iGarbage for 10 times the price a normal thing can do better. I wish Jobs would GTFO already, I'm sick of this shit.
The only people who complain about the price are those who can't afford it, so maybe instead of whining about their products being expensive, you can just accept the fact that they make great products and leave it at that. I aint no Mac fanboy but the iPhone is one of the best mobile phones on the market, all of it's features it does exceptionally well. Can't vouch much for their computers, they are nice but are horribly limited in terms of upgrades for what you pay, but if you are looking for an all-in-one style machine with high performance, get an iMac because you won't get it out of a Windows one.
inb4 linux alternative
QFT. Mac OS is nothing compared to any Linux distro.

Also, the iPhone's a great phone? Well then, I present to you: any kind of phone that operates on Android. Much more versatile and less costly as an iPhone. I have used (or should I say, tried to use) iPhones, but failed. To me, they are just crap. Nothing more.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
apple released many HW which became successful but MS is more like tuning something from others to make it better or even from themselves
i dont really think MS has anything to worry themselves but the name is an issue to other ppl

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet again Microsoft's Windows is still the most popular operating system.

If you look at Microsoft's hardware you get Windows Phone and Zune vs. iPhone and iPod Touch. The winner is clearly the iPhone/iPod Touch from sales (and ever since the rise of the iPod, iProducts are incredibly popular). The only thing that Microsoft has that Apple doesn't is the Xbox, but that's not enough to make up for Windows Phone and Zune.

Microsoft is still the king of software though.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Guild McCommunist said:
The only thing that Microsoft has that Apple doesn't is the Xbox,
that day is coming
smileipb2.png

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulfire said:
maybe it's because some or most people don't buy windows i think

ps. this is not a fact or something it's just i know some friends who never bought windows

Okay, so people pirate it more often? Microsoft doesn't hold ~90% of the OS market for no reason, dude. I'm going to agree with those saying it's because everyone likes to hop on the Apple bandwagon. Having an iPhone is "cool" now, anyway. And we all know everyone wants to try to be little miss/mister popular and have fake friends. The iPhone, having used one, and iPod, having used one as well, are largely overhyped. Yeah, they're simple enough for non-techy people to use, but they're absurdly simple. At least to me. And overpriced. But this is the generation where people are willing to shell out $150 for a pair of goddamn shoes because they have a namebrand sewn onto them. "iPod" is nothing more then that now. A namebrand. And the iPad is only really doing okay BECAUSE of that.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, all this talk of apple makes me want to buy an Apad (ripoff iPad running Google Android) just because I want to look like an Apple douche and a cheating bastard at the same time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?