Apple must publish notice that Samsung didn’t copy iPad (UK)

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 10,377
  • Replies 98
  • Likes 19

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Screw it, you Apple nay-sayers will just continue this for AGES. I'll let you guys think what you want while I'll enjoy my Android tablet B-)
We've been trolled! We've been trolled! We have probably been told: "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise, out of you!" Yes it's true, We respond and that's his cue, to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. We've been trolled! We've been trolled! We should've probably just folded, when the only winning move was not to play!!! And yet we kept on trying, mindlessly replying! We've been trolled! We've been trolled! Have a nice day!

Reactions: 10 people

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cars have a lot more things on which they can vary - headlights, interns, bumpers.
And there's things that vary on these tablets, too. The volume controls, headphone jack (location, whether it exists, which size jack, etc.), MicroSD slot or not, HDMI or not...

A different engine. It's really difficult to make a 1:1 copy of a car. OR even a 60% copy.
But this case isn't about the internals (which vary widely between Apple tablets and non-apple tablets anyways).

EDIT: Screw it, you Apple nay-sayers will just continue this for AGES. I'll let you guys think what you want while I'll enjoy my Android tablet B-)
Apple's logic is stupid, even the courts recognize it and are punishing Apple for such a frivolous suit (which is the point of this thread).
Apple just went WAY too far, but it was to prove their point that competitors should vary their products, instead of mimicking the classical Apple look just to steal a few more customers.

I'll enjoy my Android tablet B-)
why are you even defending apple if you use android?! :lol:
Just because I'm sick tired of the entire Apple bashing. I mean, people aren't caring ONE single bit that Apple got bitch-slapped for doing something stupid.

They're rejoicing because it's Apple getting slapped. It's pure mindless hatred. I see that in EVERY single Apple thread.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'll enjoy my Android tablet B-)
why are you even defending apple if you use android?! :lol:

Because he believes Apple is in the right, regardless of what he's using. It's called having a balanced outlook as opposed to blatant fanboyism!

I don't happen to agree with him, but I see no good coming from getting involved in one of 'these' debates.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you don't defend the enemy!
stupidfaceh.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
(...) instead of mimicking the classical Apple look just to steal a few more customers.
I can agree with that, I don't like mimicry either, however I do like the black, glossy, glass look. Perhaps if Samsung uses sharper, more definite lines rather then curves it'll be less "Apple-y" while still contemporary as today they're balancing on a thin red line between copying and not copying - it'd be better for them if they found their own style indeed... but I'm far from raising the "plagiarism!" flag - I can still see some "defining" features on their Tab that the iPad does not have, so I can't say they look "exactly the same".

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you don't defend the enemy!
stupidfaceh.jpg
Aaand this is exactly why I posted that :toot:

(...) instead of mimicking the classical Apple look just to steal a few more customers.
I can agree with that, I don't like mimicry either, however I do like the black, glossy, glass look. Perhaps if Samsung uses sharper, more definite lines rather then curves it'll be less "Apple-y" while still contemporary as today they're balancing on a thin red line between copying and not copying - it'd be better for them if they found their own style indeed... but I'm far from raising the "plagiarism!" flag - I can still see some "defining" features on their Tab that the iPad does not have, so I can't say they look "exactly the same".
Indeed. I was just trying to prove where Apple is coming from.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cars have a lot more things on which they can vary - headlights, interns, bumpers.
And there's things that vary on these tablets, too. The volume controls, headphone jack (location, whether it exists, which size jack, etc.), MicroSD slot or not, HDMI or not...

A different engine. It's really difficult to make a 1:1 copy of a car. OR even a 60% copy.
But this case isn't about the internals (which vary widely between Apple tablets and non-apple tablets anyways).

EDIT: Screw it, you Apple nay-sayers will just continue this for AGES. I'll let you guys think what you want while I'll enjoy my Android tablet B-)
Apple's logic is stupid, even the courts recognize it and are punishing Apple for such a frivolous suit (which is the point of this thread).
Apple just went WAY too far, but it was to prove their point that competitors should vary their products, instead of mimicking the classical Apple look just to steal a few more customers.

But wasn't you who said that they are companies and they are in it for the money and that having a lot of money is never enough money?

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

But wasn't you who said that they are companies and they are in it for the money and that having a lot of money is never enough money?
Sure, but I'm for innovative products. Look at the Lumia 900. A smartphone which is substantially different from all the "post-iPhone" smartphones. That's good.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of Apple trying to deter all of Samsung's customers away with legal actions, they should have just made a superior product. Then they wouldn't have to worry about losing customers.

Got what they deserved for trying to abuse the patent system.

If some other company can market something extremely similar with lower costs, my hats off to them.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Instead of Apple trying to deter all of Samsung's customers away with legal actions, they should have just made a superior product. Then they wouldn't have to worry about losing customers.

Got what they deserved for trying to abuse the patent system.

If some other company can market something extremely similar with lower costs, my hats off to them.

it doesn't matter what apple makes, samsung will always have very similar products that look just like apple's ready to go. it would not be smart for apple to radically change every product they have for the sake of foiling copy cats. what product should they make? should they get rid of they iphone, put a ridiculous tail on it? what do you suggest as "superior" product?

samsung has blatantly admitted to copying products, their own lawyer couldn't even distinguish their tabs from apples. my guess is that the judge is a GBATemper.

the world seems to have very short term memory, but when the ipad came out, most of the world laughed at it, a great majority here in the temp argue that it was a stupid device with a stupid name and served no purpose in the technology world and now all the apple haters act like that never happened and that the state of current tablets has always been and would of been even if apple didn't exist.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the big "samsung" slapped on the top of that thing is what tipped me off to it not being an Ipad. I really can't see the confusion which would make apple need to defend thier selves

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just saying, if I go buy a tablet; I'm going to buy an Android. Apple is not losing any customers because of a similar design, they will be losing customers because they simply didn't offer what I wanted.

Now when it comes to pick an Android tablet, I'm going to pick whatever one optimizes performance for the cost.

---

If I wanted an IOS tablet, I would buy Apple. Once again, Samsung wouldn't have stole a customer.

---

If I wasn't sure whether to buy an IOS or Android tablet, I will look whatever gives the best performance for it's cost. If Samsung offers cheaper but equal tablets then I may go with Samsung. If Apple owns cheaper tablets, then I would go with Apple.

Superior in terms of performance, usability, and costs.

===

The only customers Samsung is stealing are the ones who have no idea what to pick and it's just by chance it was samsung over their looking product. I argue the effect of this type of people is insignificant and Apple was just trying to exploit this idea.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Apple just went WAY too far
[...]
They're rejoicing because it's Apple getting slapped.
The second is because of the first.

Apple went way too far here, to the point that the courts demand they do something like this. The fact that this sort of punishment is being doled out shows there's a serious problem with Apple's behavior.

Reactions: 6 people

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there were any biased opinions in this ruling. I guess that's the advantage of having old Judges when it comes to technology ;)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Glad to see Apple spanked for being a bully. I understand that they're just defending what they think was theirs, but that's the problem--they think everything is theirs. And most of the time, they don't need to prove it, they just have to steamroll everybody long enough and hard enough.

Nobody likes a bully. Nobody. Not even their friends.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apple didn't invent the tablet. Also, Samsung aren't the only one with their tablet on the market, but it seems Apple are retarded and only going after them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD