Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
jobsx-wide-community.jpg
Apple CEO Steve Jobs says all iPhone users will receive a free case to help alleviate reception issues with their popular smartphones.

For users still unsatisfied with the fix, Jobs says they have until September 30 to return the phone for a full refund.

"We're not perfect, and phones aren't perfect either, but we want to make all of our users happy," Apple CEO Steve Jobs said.

Friday's announcement follows a recent Consumer Reports blog post in which they said they could not recommend the iPhone 4 because of problems with the antenna located on the bottom left of the device.

The return rate for iPhone 4 is 1.7%, compared to 6% for its predecessor the 3GS, Jobs said. Only 0.55% of iPhone 4 owners have called in about reception issues, he said.

Jobs also said the reception issues aren't unique to iPhone 4, using the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and HTC Droid Eris as examples of other smartphones that experience significant drops in signal strength when held a certain way.

icon11.gif
Source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/te...e-not-perfect/1

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I did expect the free bumpers, I didn't expect them to give full refunds to everyone who already has purchased a bumper. That in addition to the extended return date with waived restocking fee shows that they're not too worried about it.

EDIT: Since the OP linked a poor blogspam summary, in addition to bumpers you will also have a small selection of third-party cases to choose from.

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's pretty funny.
You are holding the phone wrong.
It's a software problem.
Okay maybe there is a hardware problem have some free stuff.

They would have gotten less negative attention if they would have done this when the signal problem first appeared.

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
"Only 0.55% of iPhone 4 owners have called in about reception issues." Well I assume the other 99.45% couldn't due to said issue.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Urza said:
While I did expect the free bumpers, I didn't expect them to give full refunds to everyone who already has purchased a bumper. That in addition to the extended return date with waived restocking fee shows that they're not too worried about it.
It also shows that they know how to treat their customers. I'm not a big fan of Apple, but this is a very neat solution for everyone who wanted toget this fixed or get a refund.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hakoda said:
Its only 0.55% of people complaining cuz they can't get enough reception to call in.
It's also more than 50% of the Iphone 4 users that have problems with the 'deathgrip' which is clearly Apple's problem, not anybody else's.

Hakoda

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Berthenk said:
Hakoda said:
Its only 0.55% of people complaining cuz they can't get enough reception to call in.
It's also more than 50% of the Iphone 4 users that have problems with the 'deathgrip' which is clearly Apple's problem, not anybody else's.
Deathgrip = everyone's normal hand gesture. Apple was just stupid and happen to put the antenna where you hand is suppose to be. iPhone 4 is not made for lefties either.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, the problem is now irrelevant (for those who were too cheap to buy a case in the first place).

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hakoda said:
Berthenk said:
Hakoda said:
Deathgrip = everyone's normal hand gesture. Apple was just stupid and happen to put the antenna where you hand is suppose to be. iPhone 4 is not made for lefties either.
Oh, I misunderstood your post. Sorry, people can forget about mine.

At least Apple gives those things away for free and doesn't ask payment. That would seriously be fucked up.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
For all of you who don't know, its not just bumpers, they can't make enough bumpers, so within the next week, apple will put up some sort of thing for you to apply for a case on the apple site, and after you apply, they will have a selection of cases. Select one, and they will send it to you. People who already bought bumpers will be given a full refund for said bumper.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the topic title made me think I could finally replace my car's rear bumper.

on topic: i expected some lame, half-assed attempt from Apple to reconcile the issue...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk