• Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Horus_Jolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can install b9S on the latest firmware (11.6.0-39) via a DSiware exploit. Acted as a sanity check for someone doing it literally yesterday. I can link you the one and only guide you should be using via DM if you're interested.

basic homebrew is still possible, too, but this discussion is best taken to DMs/another thread
will this b9S help with the save editor better than homebrew? if so then i'll use it

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this b9S help with the save editor better than homebrew? if so then i'll use it
B9S essentially loopholes code signing checks, letting you have kernel access via custom firmware and bypassing the issues in some games that hinder JKSM/etc. from exporting them on basic homebrew (does not affect MHGen as far as I know). If you still want it, follow this guide. any questions can be directed to people on their discord channel, linked in the nineth FAQ entry there.

Last edited by iSharingan,

Horus_Jolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B9S essentially loopholes code signing checks, letting you have kernel access via custom firmware and bypassing the issues in some games that hinder JKSM/etc. from exporting them on basic homebrew (does not affect MHGen as far as I know). If you still want it, follow this guide. any questions can be directed to people on their discord channel, linked in the nineth FAQ entry there.
i will look into it thanks man

fiercediety93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a eqpbox file that has every piece of equipment in it? Or is there a way to use the editor to auto-obtain all equipment?
Thanks!

shockwave1211

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to start a new game and just edit the save to have all the rarest monster drops, some good accessories and a really good 3 slot talisman? i dont want to have to grid for every rare drop when MHGU comes out and im wondering if this is possible, my 3ds is hacked and ready to go and i have the save extractor and everything, just curious if this is possible

Last edited by shockwave1211,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to start a new game and just edit the save to have all the rarest monster drops, some good accessories and a really good 3 slot talisman? i dont want to have to grid for every rare drop when MHGU comes out and im wondering if this is possible, my 3ds is hacked and ready to go and i have the save extractor and everything, just curious if this is possible
yes, but the save editor has no presets for that. you'll need to edit everything in yourself. I did upload a 100% save that had been blanked out, so that could help for not having to grind as much.

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes, but the save editor has no presets for that. you'll need to edit everything in yourself. I did upload a 100% save that had been blanked out, so that could help for not having to grind as much.

Hi iSharingan i started new game on my MHGEN Game since my previous save got wiped when I sold my old 3DS XL Handheld so now I'm starting all over again but have alot of questions that needs to be answered.

1. Yes I have Homebrew & CFW & APM MHGEN Save Editor & MHGSV Files all set up already.

2. I'm on HR1 haven't done any quest yet so my question is can I hack and change my HR Rank, Gear, Weapons & Items in Pouch & Box to anything that I want even though I haven't done anything in-game yet ?

3. Can i craft & forge gear & weapons for my pelicos cats at the hub smithy even though I haven't done the felyne smith quest line for it ?

4. Do I need to progress to a certain point part ingame before I can do all those thing's above like:
You must be HR7 at least or must unlock all the town's & villages on the map first before you can do those things above ?

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And done! Please re download it if you downloaded it before now

Hi APM i just started new game on my MHGEN Game since my previous save got wiped when I sold my old 3DS XL Handheld so now I'm starting all over again but have alot of questions that needs to be answered.

1. Yes I have Homebrew & CFW & APM MHGEN Save Editor & MHGSV Files all set up already.

2. I'm on HR1 haven't done any quest yet so my question is can I hack and change my HR Rank, Gear, Weapons & Items in Pouch & Box to anything that I want even though I haven't done anything in-game yet ?

3. Can i craft & forge gear & weapons for my pelicos cats at the hub smithy even though I haven't done the felyne smith quest line for it ?

4. Do I need to progress to a certain point part ingame before I can do all those thing's above like:
You must be HR7 at least or must unlock all the town's & villages on the map first before you can do those things above ?

5. I've notice people putting up Dual Blades Builds & OP Palico Builds up on this page as an zip/rar file to download so once iv download do I just drag it into my micro sd card or do I need to import it back into my MHGen save file for it to work ?

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi APM i just started new game on my MHGEN Game since my previous save got wiped when I sold my old 3DS XL Handheld so now I'm starting all over again but have alot of questions that needs to be answered.

5. I've notice people putting up Dual Blades Builds & OP Palico Builds up on this page as an zip/rar file to download so once iv download do I just drag it into my micro sd card or do I need to import it back into my MHGen save file for it to work ?

You didn't need to post it twice.

2. No, you still need to unlock HR8 normally and do the quests to unlock level 50 palicos.

3. No, you need to do the quest line first.

4. See 2.

5. You need to import it into the box / palico spaces and make sure there's a weapon in the first slot and 2 armor pieces.

Reactions: iSharingan

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi iSharingan i started new game on my MHGEN Game since my previous save got wiped when I sold my old 3DS XL Handheld so now I'm starting all over again but have alot of questions that needs to be answered.

To add to what Wrathalos said: You can use the item import text files at any time (links to the item lists are in the OP. I recommend my list that contains practically everything you need for crafting, plus all the DLC materials), but nothing will be available for crafting nor will the blueprints unlock until the items are taken on a quest. If using my 100% blanked out save and importing your GCID/name/etc., every quest will be complete, you'll have HR 8+ unlocked, and most of the crafting options will be unlocked (I believe its still missing one or two decoration recipes, but that's nothing), thus you can bypass grinding to specific points to unlock the various features.

Reactions: Wrathalos

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You didn't need to post it twice.

2. No, you still need to unlock HR8 normally and do the quests to unlock level 50 palicos.

3. No, you need to do the quest line first.

4. See 2.

5. You need to import it into the box / palico spaces and make sure there's a weapon in the first slot and 2 armor pieces.

Ok I've tried to save hack my MHGen game today and everything seems to work except for three things after importing my save file from APM Gen Save Editor.

1. The Pelico Armor/Weapon Smithy back in Village has all the end game weapons & Armor for my cats but I can't craft them even though I have 99 of the materials for it ?
Item box has been rearranged & sorted but still cant craft them the same problem.
When viewing the weapons & gear on the screen how it would look like on a cat I get a 3d picture of a full black shadow cat with the weapon equipped when in the smithy?

2. With the APM MHGen Save Editor no matter what I cannot change my HR to any number becauce it will still be HR1 after loading up my game.
Example at the Continue Screen when I load up my game it says HR7 but when I check my guild card it's HR1 so I quit reload and it's back to HR1.

3. APM MHGen Save Editor cannot change my Play Time on my save file and on my guild card still says the same 6hours instead of 200hours so idk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To add to what Wrathalos said: You can use the item import text files at any time (links to the item lists are in the OP. I recommend my list that contains practically everything you need for crafting, plus all the DLC materials), but nothing will be available for crafting nor will the blueprints unlock until the items are taken on a quest. If using my 100% blanked out save and importing your GCID/name/etc., every quest will be complete, you'll have HR 8+ unlocked, and most of the crafting options will be unlocked (I believe its still missing one or two decoration recipes, but that's nothing), thus you can bypass grinding to specific points to unlock the various features.

As of right now I have every item in my storage box and every scrap material which all have been rearrange sorted and the Pelico Armor Weapon Smithy in Village has everything on display like the Devient & DLC Weapons & Armor but I can't craft them everything on the list is grayed out except for the first three low weak white Weapons & Armor on the top of first page in Smithy.

Please note I have not done any quest whatsoever and am still on HR 1.

Do you thing I should take out the scraps into pouch and see if that works or sell the scraps and retrade the materials for scraps to see if that'll work?

Or the Go on quest and sent materials back to storage box method.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please dont double post... Edit your old post.

Taking items with you then 'delivering' them via transpurrter works, or you could jsut keep them in your pouch until the end of the quest - as I already clarified in my post

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please dont double post... Edit your old post.

Taking items with you then 'delivering' them via transpurrter works, or you could jsut keep them in your pouch until the end of the quest - as I already clarified in my post

How about my HR Rank & Play Time on my Save File & Guild Card I have tried using APM MHGen Save Editor to increase my HR & Play Time and then save it import it back into my MH Folder on SDCard to find out that when I boot into the game nothing changes whatsoever.

Do I need to reach HR7-8 in-game first or unlock my final HR Rank first ingame first then only will the APM MHGen Save Editor work for it?

Unless I need to beat the game first for it to work idk.

Oh and one last question when I go to the Cat Smithy in village to View the weapons & Armor the bottom screen of the Cat holding/wearing the item is all black like a black cat shadow figure is that ment to happen ? Please note I have no cats equipped with me atm all the hacked cats I got from this site are back at home unequipped.

Anyways I've attached a picture for you to see if this is normal or not.

And in the picture nothing can be crafted even though I have 99 materials for it sigh.
20180730_155223.jpg

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about my HR Rank & Play Time on my Save File & Guild Card I have tried using APM MHGen Save Editor to increase my HR & Play Time and then save it import it back into my MH Folder on SDCard to find out that when I boot into the game nothing changes whatsoever.
The step you're missing is re-importing it via JKSV/Checkpoint. Simply placing the edited file back on your SD is not enough as it needs to be re-encrypted and put back in the proper location in the encrypted files.

Do I need to reach HR7-8 in-game first or unlock my final HR Rank first ingame first then only will the APM MHGen Save Editor work for it?

You need to progress normally and reach HR 7 and beat its urgent to break the HR limits. Editing HR will never work as HR 8+ is based on the HR points.

Oh and one last question when I go to the Cat Smithy in village to View the weapons & Armor the bottom screen of the Cat holding/wearing the item is all black like a black cat shadow figure is that ment to happen ? Please note I have no cats equipped with me atm all the hacked cats I got from this site are back at home unequipped.

Anyways I've attached a picture for you to see if this is normal or not.

And in the picture nothing can be crafted even though I have 99 materials for it sigh. [Removed massive picture. Spoiler tag it next time, please]
That's normal as per the game's minimal anti-cheat function. No materials will register as owned when crafting until taken on a quest (certain items can be bought from the various stores around the towns, but monster parts usually aren't available there).

Last edited by iSharingan,
Reactions: Huutonytran

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The step you're missing is re-importing it via JKSV/Checkpoint. Simply placing the edited file back on your SD is not enough as it needs to be re-encrypted and put back in the proper location in the encrypted files.

You need to progress normally and reach HR 7 and beat its urgent to break the HR limits. Editing HR will never work as HR 8+ is based on the HR points.

That's normal as per the game's minima anti-cheat function. No materials will register as owned when crafting until taken on a quest (certain items can be bought from the various stores around the towns, but monster parts usually aren't available there).

Awesome that pretty much sums up all my questions that needed to be answered glad that's all been cleared.
Other than will I be able to import everything that I've hacked so far like items, gear, money & hacked pelico into Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch ? Or it'll be detected as hacked data when transferring everything into the Nintendo Switch Game Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate which comes out in Australia August 28th.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome that pretty much sums up all my questions that needed to be answered glad that's all been cleared.
Other than will I be able to import everything that I've hacked so far like items, gear, money & hacked pelico into Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch ? Or it'll be detected as hacked data when transferring everything into the Nintendo Switch Game Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate which comes out in Australia August 28th.
cant say for sure. Most likely unlocked crafting recipes/Hunter Arts/ingredients/meals/etc. will remain unlocked, as will quest progress/completion, etc. The only thing I've heard is that isn't kept would be HR.

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
20180731_190255.jpg 20180731_190255.jpg
cant say for sure. Most likely unlocked crafting recipes/Hunter Arts/ingredients/meals/etc. will remain unlocked, as will quest progress/completion, etc. The only thing I've heard is that isn't kept would be HR.

So today I played my MHGen game and eveything seems to be working fine until I bring both of the hacked Lv50 Cats with me with on quest with one weapon equipped with no Armor equipped on them.

So now my game crashes and both the cats levels goesback from lv50 back to lv20 wtf?

So now what should I do?

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking to prep my Gen save for importing into MHGU...but all of my progress for the last year has been in MHXX, so I'd have to redo everything in Gen.

Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the MHXX save editor's equipment/item exports into a form that could be imported into the APM MHGen save editor (i.e. removing all of the items that are MHXX-specific)?

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 137799 View attachment 137799

So today I played my MHGen game and eveything seems to be working fine until I bring both of the hacked Lv50 Cats with me with on quest with one weapon equipped with no Armor equipped on them.

So now my game crashes and both the cats levels goesback from lv50 back to lv20 wtf?

So now what should I do?

You don't have the final cat quest finished to have lv50 cats, it crashes because you're selecting what the system considers is a broken palico.

I'm looking to prep my Gen save for importing into MHGU...but all of my progress for the last year has been in MHXX, so I'd have to redo everything in Gen.

Does anyone know if there's a way to modify the MHXX save editor's equipment/item exports into a form that could be imported into the APM MHGen save editor (i.e. removing all of the items that are MHXX-specific)?

Back up the MHXX save, delete anything that wouldn't be in MHGen, export THAT save, then import the old backup to MHXX and the new backup to MHGen.

Reactions: Huutonytran

Huutonytran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You don't have the final cat quest finished to have lv50 cats, it crashes because you're selecting what the system considers is a broken palico.

Back up the MHXX save, delete anything that wouldn't be in MHGen, export THAT save, then import the old backup to MHXX and the new backup to MHGen.

Hi thanks for letting me know yes that's right you have to unlock the level cap for the Palico cats from level 20 to 35 then 50.

Either by completing the quest in hub HR 6 or once reaching HR30 itll automatically unlock it for you.

I do have one other problem though and that is I can't upgrade any of my gear & weapons that I make even though I have 99 materials & maxed out money with like 25 spots left in my storage inventory box.

And yes I have taken the materials & tickets on a quest and sent it back by transpurrter guy method.
All that does is unlock the Palico Cats Gears to be crafted but that doesn't fix my problem that I can't upgrade my hunter gear & weapon.

Last edited by Huutonytran,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1