• Views 1,294,895
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Anoala

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Query-- I imported a couple of palicos (which of course have no weapons) and just like it says on the front page, I make an equipment set and attempt to put it on said palicos. The game then crashes. Advice?

ExcaKill

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
so the starting post states that a CFW isnt requierd with jkms but do i still need homebrew? if so have i fucked up when im on 11.4 and if i dont need homebrew how does this work?
I downloaded jkms but it isnt a application so i cant just run it on my pc so what do i do now?
Would realy appreciate any help.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey,
so the starting post states that a CFW isnt requierd with jkms but do i still need homebrew? if so have i fucked up when im on 11.4 and if i dont need homebrew how does this work?
I downloaded jkms but it isnt a application so i cant just run it on my pc so what do i do now?
Would realy appreciate any help.

You need at least Homebrew. Refer to this page to see how you can boot it on 11.4.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was trying to use some of those Optimal cats and the PoogieP and Tora are crashing my game when I select them, only thing I did was make them level 20, is that what is causing them to crash my game? They test just fine in the Palico Check Tool also, do I need to have unlocked some skill or something?

Last edited by GhostOfOblivion,

Kyoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would say that you're not HR Break, so the game recognize that you're not be able to own or have this cats, that I assume are maxed out in level and skills.

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can have level 20 cats, it even does it when they are the level I copied them in at. For some reason they crash the game, I am currently Hr5 so no clue what is going on.

GhostOfOblivion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope no weapons or anything like that again, I think it is for some reason they have like 1 health. They are not adjusting themselves to levels, even when I add nothing to them, they come in as they are in the file and it just crashes no matter what interaction I have with those cats, equipping, training whatever.

FaultySpork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope no weapons or anything like that again, I think it is for some reason they have like 1 health. They are not adjusting themselves to levels, even when I add nothing to them, they come in as they are in the file and it just crashes no matter what interaction I have with those cats, equipping, training whatever.
You have to give them weapons or armor before loading them in game, or else it crashes

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In the future:
f6f94f665a1245758d2b08ca35701b00.png

If you need to fix your cat, the easiest way to do it is export it from the editor and change your cat's values to the above values via a Hex Editor. This tells the game that this palico's weapon is from the first slot in the box and it is not wearing any head or armor piece. Import it back into the editor and save it. Voila, fixed cat.
Of course, make sure the first square in the palico equipment box is indeed a weapon.

A Palico MUST have a weapon (Armor isn't necessary).

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Palico MUST have a weapon (Armor isn't necessary).
Also note that while armor isn't needed, having a weapon in an armor slot also crashes the game (just like armor/nothing in the weapon slot). Which items are equipped are stored as a slot number (not item ID), so the order of equipment in your box is very important.

Last edited by iSharingan,
Reactions: Wrathalos

sand-bird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo APM (or anyone who knows), I have a question about offsets, if you don't mind:

For the currently equipped weapon and armor, are there pointers to the equipment's actual data anywhere in the save file? (Specifically the talisman -- I'm working on a talisman editor and I want to make the currently equipped talisman undeletable.) Looking at the offsets given by svanheulen in my own save file, I can't make out any pointers, just copies of the talisman's properties and some mystery values.

It might be worth mentioning that equipment sets do hold pointers to the equipment box slot for each piece in the set. There must be something like that for current equips, right?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo APM (or anyone who knows), I have a question about offsets, if you don't mind:

For the currently equipped weapon and armor, are there pointers to the equipment's actual data anywhere in the save file? (Specifically the talisman -- I'm working on a talisman editor and I want to make the currently equipped talisman undeletable.) Looking at the offsets given by svanheulen in my own save file, I can't make out any pointers, just copies of the talisman's properties and some mystery values.

It might be worth mentioning that equipment sets do hold pointers to the equipment box slot for each piece in the set. There must be something like that for current equips, right?
the equipped gear is 'pointed' to by slot number, not ID. Also, there's already a very good talisman editor out there (linked in the OP), in case you didn't know.

sand-bird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His editor is online so for me (i dont own a PC) works great to use in movile vers.
Thank you -- I'm so glad you like it! :D

the equipped gear is 'pointed' to by slot number, not ID. Also, there's already a very good talisman editor out there (linked in the OP), in case you didn't know.
Hey, thanks for responding! It is good, and I wish I could use it, but I'm one of those sad people without access to Windows. :( Nobody, including me, has gotten jc28735250's editor to work consistently under Wine yet, so I decided to just write my own editor. (Like OnenZ mentioned, it's online, if you wanna try it out!)

Anyway, sorry for not being clear -- that's what I meant by "pointers to the equipment box slot." However, that's only equipment sets: I'm looking for something similar for current equipment, and I can't seem to find it.

For context, here's the equipped talisman info from two different saves I dug up:
98 C9 D8 00 06 DA 07 00 00 00 00 00 0C 07 00 00 00 00 FF 0F 24 44 05 0A 03 00 47 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
98 C9 D8 00 06 DA 07 00 00 00 00 00 9D 06 00 00 00 00 FF 0F 24 15 04 F8 03 00 47 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Significant values are as follows:
  • red: mystery data, seems to always be the same
  • orange: equipment ID for talismans
  • blue: rarity (7 = dragon, 6 = king, 5 = queen, etc.)
  • teal: charm decorations (3 possible decorations, 2 bytes each: in both of these, the charm has only a single decoration, though that decoration could take up more than one slot)
  • pink: skill IDs
  • purple: skill point values (signed; the F8 is a negative value)
  • green: slots
  • gold: charm ID (0x147 = timeworn, 0x146 = shining, 0x145 = mystery; used by the game to validate skill legality)
The slot numbers for these would be 274 (0x112) and 292 (0x124) respectively, by the way... so, yeah, hopefully that explains a little better why I'm so stumped. :lol:

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you -- I'm so glad you like it! :D

Hey, thanks for responding! It is good, and I wish I could use it, but I'm one of those sad people without access to Windows. :( Nobody, including me, has gotten jc28735250's editor to work consistently under Wine yet, so I decided to just write my own editor. (Like OnenZ mentioned, it's online, if you wanna try it out!)

Anyway, sorry for not being clear -- that's what I meant by "pointers to the equipment box slot." However, that's only equipment sets: I'm looking for something similar for current equipment, and I can't seem to find it.

For context, here's the equipped talisman info from two different saves I dug up:

Significant values are as follows:
  • red: mystery data, seems to always be the same
  • orange: equipment ID for talismans
  • blue: rarity (7 = dragon, 6 = king, 5 = queen, etc.)
  • teal: charm decorations (3 possible decorations, 2 bytes each: in both of these, the charm has only a single decoration, though that decoration could take up more than one slot)
  • pink: skill IDs
  • purple: skill point values (signed; the F8 is a negative value)
  • green: slots
  • gold: charm ID (0x147 = timeworn, 0x146 = shining, 0x145 = mystery; used by the game to validate skill legality)
The slot numbers for these would be 274 (0x112) and 292 (0x124) respectively, by the way... so, yeah, hopefully that explains a little better why I'm so stumped. :lol:

You should ask jc28735250 on his thread as he has the source of his editor and would know all the pointers. I'd look but I don't have a save file handy, nor a 3DS at the moment sadly, lol.

saturdaylife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is it that whenever I do an edit the game crashes? On the selection screen it doesn't even show the edited zennies that I did. It just shows 1500z, the starting money. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps