• Views 1,294,502
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
does anyone have an eqbox thats filled with endgame armors and weapons sets that they are willing to share?
I could give you my save. Im gonna Change the Names on it to "Blank" and upload it. Theres a Male and Female on it which have basically the same InGame Stuff.

Attachments

• system.rar
    91.4 KB · Views: 345

niglet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, start off going here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Download the Homebrew Starter Kit and unzip it into the root of your 3DS SD card. It will put a file in the root and make a 3DS folder with other stuff.
Remember to unzip the contents of the Starter folder, not the folder itself.

Also get JK's Save Manager: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/
Again, unzip it to the root and it will put everything where needed. Same as before, you want the contents, not the folder it's all in in the zip.

Assuming you're using Ocarina of Time, you need: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases

Now, put your OoT in your Powersaves and back up your save.
It goes in C:/Users/<Your User Name>/PowerSaves

On http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ use the Otherapp/robpin tool. Put in your system type (old or new) and the version. Hit download ropbin. It will give you a file, you don't need to save it, just keep it up for reference.
In the zip for the OoT hack, there will be a couple of folders with PowerSaves files. There's two sets, I used the bottom. You may have to try the other if it doesn't work. Go to the folder for the country your system is for, and in it find the file that matches the ropbin file that you have for reference.

Copy that file to the directory of your PowerSaves backups. Copy the name of the backup you had made, then delete/rename it, and paste the name as the new name for the file you grabbed from the OoT folder.
Then when you load up PowerSaves, you restore that file back to the cart.

Then, with your SD card back in your system, load up OoT on your 3DS. Hit A to get to the start, load up the hacked save, and when everything is loaded on screen in the game, hit A. This will boot the Homebrew.

Once in the Homebrew, put your MHG cart in, and go down the list to JK's save program. Select ExtraData, and export. Give it a name and export it.
Now you can pop your SD card in your computer, and run the MHG editor and just load up the exported file, which will be under the SD:/JKSV/ExtData/<Game Name>/<Save Name you choose>

Once you're done, save, then pop the SD back in and just do the same, except Import the extradata.

And you're done.
Hey Lord Blade, just did everything you said to do, however all I get is a Red Screen? Any idea what I did wrong? Also, my 3ds is pushing for an update, but I've been neglecting to do it for fear of ruining everything... Sorry, I'm pretty much new to this.

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Lord Blade, just did everything you said to do, however all I get is a Red Screen? Any idea what I did wrong? Also, my 3ds is pushing for an update, but I've been neglecting to do it for fear of ruining everything... Sorry, I'm pretty much new to this.
if it's a red screen instead of entering homebrew, you probably have the wrong version of *hax on your game.

If it's a red screen when trying to export your save, you're prolly trying to use the ORAS paslr-bypass version of JKSM (which only works for pokemon OR/AS). use the next older release of the jksm.3dsx file.

niglet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a red screen instead of entering homebrew, you probably have the wrong version of *hax on your game.

If it's a red screen when trying to export your save, you're prolly trying to use the ORAS paslr-bypass version of JKSM (which only works for pokemon OR/AS). use the next older release of the jksm.3dsx file.
I figured it out, turns out I didn't have my 'boot.3dsx' in the root, also i didnt put the save managers in the file '3ds', glad I got it working, it's amazing!

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record, when stuck on:
Red Screen - No boot.3dsx / (wrong) payload
Yellow Screen - Wrong *hax version (i.e. use the other save for OoT)
Blue Screen / Green Screen - failed load, try again / locked up, try again / possible corrupt boot.3dsx or SD card

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
80895_rsz_rsz_1rsz_1rsz_kappa.png

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For the record, when stuck on:
Red Screen - No boot.3dsx / (wrong) payload
Yellow Screen - Wrong *hax version (i.e. use the other save for OoT)
Blue Screen / Green Screen - failed load, try again / locked up, try again / possible corrupt boot.3dsx or SD card

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
80895_rsz_rsz_1rsz_1rsz_kappa.png
I met Yellow screen several times and I have the correct payload, once I restart my 3ds it works again

SakifX9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As promised: the save. Import using the Character Exporter over another character slot (be sure to copy over character data). Using a GC ID of 0 will not let your GC be sent/viewed, although no name can be fun (you're not announced entering/exiting online/local rooms or for actions like carting/etc. on a quest) but will likely get you kicked for hacking if the host cares.

Also note that while the Arena quests have been completed at S rank, the earring rewards have already been picked up (and were deleted with the rest of the equipment). Just manually add them if you need them after importing the rest of your armor/weapons.

I did hide a tiny 'marker' on the guild card. If you find it please leave it. I'm just curious to see if I bump into anyone using my save
'
how do I use this

Andrxw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, but I'm not sure what exactly to do next. From what I've heard, tubehax and browserhax have been patched, is that correct? If so, is there anything else I can use besides hax for other games? Since I do not own many other games, only MH4U as a digital download, and Super Smash Bros as a cartridge, which I don't even know where that is.

I simply do not have the time required to play this game the way it's meant to be played, and farm for items, especially when my luck is generally bad when it comes to drops. So, I want to edit in items, so if there is another option, then that would be fine as well.

I'm using Windows 10, and I have an SD card adapter so I can insert the microSD into the laptop. I have a New3DS, version 11.1.0-34u.
I'm sorry for not being very tech-savvy. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My apologies, but I'm not sure what exactly to do next. From what I've heard, tubehax and browserhax have been patched, is that correct? If so, is there anything else I can use besides hax for other games? Since I do not own many other games, only MH4U as a digital download, and Super Smash Bros as a cartridge, which I don't even know where that is.

I simply do not have the time required to play this game the way it's meant to be played, and farm for items, especially when my luck is generally bad when it comes to drops. So, I want to edit in items, so if there is another option, then that would be fine as well.

I'm using Windows 10, and I have an SD card adapter so I can insert the microSD into the laptop. I have a New3DS, version 11.1.0-34u.
I'm sorry for not being very tech-savvy. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
I'm using OotHax without problems with latest firmware, but you need a Oot cartridge.
Also iirc Super Smash Bros can be a homebrew entry point too.
You can check this page: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

xxrainexx

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this has been asked before. But there are a few things I would to ask. First of all, I'm Japanese living in Japan. I have the old 3DSLL and I currently play MH4 and MH4G, I use the Cyber Save Editor 2 to easily edit my saves. But what I have heard, MHX will not work this way. But I really want to play MHXX when it comes out, but I won't buy it unless I can do some simple edits.

I am in complete unfound territory when it comes to CFW and homebrew, so I did some research.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4w2xtq/guide_backing_up_your_mhgenmhx_save_file/
This post says that you are able to get save files from the SD card. Will you be able to edit saves from this? I am not sure but, I have heard this method is the 'unpure' save that cannot be read by save editors, is that true?

Also, from my understanding you require a CFW and homebrew to import saves... but if possible I would like to do it without them, which lead me to this.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/
Q: Which save managers can I use if I don't have a CFW?
A: Either use MHGSV (Built specifically for Monster Hunter Gen) or JK's SaveManager. Both are written by @JK_

This says that a CFW is not required, does that mean homebrew is also not needed? I don't understand this. There is no tutorial anywhere.

Well TLDR, is there anyway to save edit without CFW/homebrew?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked before. But there are a few things I would to ask. First of all, I'm Japanese living in Japan. I have the old 3DSLL and I currently play MH4 and MH4G, I use the Cyber Save Editor 2 to easily edit my saves. But what I have heard, MHX will not work this way. But I really want to play MHXX when it comes out, but I won't buy it unless I can do some simple edits.

I am in complete unfound territory when it comes to CFW and homebrew, so I did some research.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/4w2xtq/guide_backing_up_your_mhgenmhx_save_file/
This post says that you are able to get save files from the SD card. Will you be able to edit saves from this? I am not sure but, I have heard this method is the 'unpure' save that cannot be read by save editors, is that true?

Also, from my understanding you require a CFW and homebrew to import saves... but if possible I would like to do it without them, which lead me to this.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/apm-mhx-mhgen-save-editor.434421/
Q: Which save managers can I use if I don't have a CFW?
A: Either use MHGSV (Built specifically for Monster Hunter Gen) or JK's SaveManager. Both are written by @JK_

This says that a CFW is not required, does that mean homebrew is also not needed? I don't understand this. There is no tutorial anywhere.

Well TLDR, is there anyway to save edit without CFW/homebrew?
CFW is a step beyond just homebrew. Homebrew is easy to set up and IS required to get an editable, non-encrypted save. The "method 1" from the first link you posted just copies the encrypted ("unpure") save to restore on the same system and cannot be edited or copied to another system safely.

xxrainexx

Trophies
XP
Country
CFW is a step beyond just homebrew. Homebrew is easy to set up and IS required to get an editable, non-encrypted save. The "method 1" from the first link you posted just copies the encrypted ("unpure") save to restore on the same system and cannot be edited or copied to another system safely.

I see, that's easy to understand. Thanks for your reply.

Few more questions..

After you install a homebrew, does it affect standard use? Does it always run in the background? Or is it an application that you start like any other app? Lastly, can you remove homebrew once installed?

Oh and what homebrew do you recommend to use?

Last edited by xxrainexx,

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got an item box with all items and OP talismans? Unlocking the items in the store doesn't work apparently.
tfw o3ds poorrace and can't use NTR with MH.

bournejason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I see, that's easy to understand. Thanks for your reply.

Few more questions..

After you install a homebrew, does it affect standard use? Does it always run in the background? Or is it an application that you start like any other app? Lastly, can you remove homebrew once installed?

Oh and what homebrew do you recommend to use?
homebrew doesn't run anything in background, it is only a system where you can install some tools/emulators. You can still play normally without any impact, the homebrew system is just a green version on your SD card, you can add/remove tools under it just by copy/delete files or you can simply remove homebrew by deleting the '3ds' folder under root of SD card.

If you have Oot game card, you can use it as a homebrew entry, which should work for both US and JP version consoles

Last edited by bournejason,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello