• Views 1,295,977
  • Replies 4,358
  • Likes 41

Tyloras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I put the required tools on my DS, in order to do the save edit... will I still be able to play online with my friends who haven't done this? Who haven't got the editing tool installed on their DS?
The only reason I want to do this, is my group and I are going for 100% completion of HUB quests on MHG, and we're having some trouble with certain monsters. I want to be able to get a good character to help them down it, and then go back to playing legitimately.

Would I need to uninstall the save export tool for that? Or would I just be able to leave it there, installed, and continue playing online (not LAN / WiFi) with them as I always have?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I have a problem, I exported my exdata backup with the last JK Save Manager and others tools and when load my system file into to APM MHGen Save Editor the program show me the error in the image, somebody know what happened?

iAfw9
Honestly idk what happened, but try dumping it with savedatafiler. USA ROM title ID's last four digits are 1870

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I put the required tools on my DS, in order to do the save edit... will I still be able to play online with my friends who haven't done this? Who haven't got the editing tool installed on their DS?
The only reason I want to do this, is my group and I are going for 100% completion of HUB quests on MHG, and we're having some trouble with certain monsters. I want to be able to get a good character to help them down it, and then go back to playing legitimately.

Would I need to uninstall the save export tool for that? Or would I just be able to leave it there, installed, and continue playing online (not LAN / WiFi) with them as I always have?
Depends on if u set up the mhgen homebrew exploit. If you use themehax, browserhax, oothax, etc, then never fear, your fine as it is playing online as there is no form of banning, shadow banning or any player checks whatsoever with the exception of palicoes

-edit-
Also Nintendo doesn't know what client ip's have what software installed, so you never have to uninstall a thing to keep online compatibility

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, I have a problem, I exported my exdata backup with the last JK Save Manager and others tools and when load my system file into to APM MHGen Save Editor the program show me the error in the image, somebody know what happened?

iAfw9

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the character was never loaded and 0x7 is FF, if you want to try and hex edit it to 00, unless it just doesn't load any stats, I'm not familiar with the coding of APM's save editor and haven't bothered to look at it, but that's my guess.

EDIT: Went ahead and looked at APM's source. Looks like it's either A) your name is too long to load into the editor (which has a max of 16 characters) or B) your header is corrupt and you'll have to try grabbing a new extdata save and see if it isn't broken this time.

Last edited by Wrathalos,

Tyloras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on if u set up the mhgen homebrew exploit. If you use themehax, browserhax, oothax, etc, then never fear, your fine as it is playing online as there is no form of banning, shadow banning or any player checks whatsoever with the exception of palicoes

-edit-
Also Nintendo doesn't know what client ip's have what software installed, so you never have to uninstall a thing to keep online compatibility

I don't even know what the "homebrew exploit" is, I'm very new at this, so I don't think I want to do that lol.
If all I did was download the suggested "savdatafiler" or "JK Save Manager", dodgy up the save, and then put it back on the DS... everything would work fine?

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know what the "homebrew exploit" is, I'm very new at this, so I don't think I want to do that lol.
If all I did was download the suggested "savdatafiler" or "JK Save Manager", dodgy up the save, and then put it back on the DS... everything would work fine?
Yes 100%

-edit-
And BTW, to dump the extdata in the first place, you must have a homebrew exploit installed on your ds already XD
If you hold a button while the system is turning on, that's themehax. If you have to use the game ocarina of time, that's oothax, or heck even pokemon or/as, that's basehaxx

Last edited by Sketchy1,

Tyloras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If by FW you mean Firmware, I bought my DS from a retail store in Australia, so I'm pretty sure I fall under the EU firmware.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by FW you mean Firmware, I bought my DS from a retail store in Australia, so I'm pretty sure I fall under the EU firmware.
No i mean firmware version, the one at the bottom left of the top screen when you open system settings

DesDes-san

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@APM I was wondering, what can you actually change on equipment editor?
All you can change is what piece of equipment is in which slot of the Equipment Box and any decorations slotted into it. Editing the stats of equipment is no longer possible to to the removal of the Relic Weapons/Armour system in Generations.

Wrathalos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't listen to this ass, deleting system32, for those that don't know this old trolling bullshit, will screw your Windows OS and you'll have to repair Windows.

@DerpMC_Haxx don't come making idiotic comments and trolling in this thread again.
i dont see why this game is so acclaimed i cant seem to get into it

lols

This is a prime example for your information.

The palico generator wont download for me on any of my browsers. ;~; Says its a virus.

To fix this, just add this file as an exception to your antivirus, it's most likely the one stopping the download. Google it, it's different for every program.

Last edited by Wrathalos,

jemindraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u need to disable windows firewall. just go to C://windows/sys32 and delete sys32 after that it should download fine.

This would have worked if it wasn't used like nearly every day, lol. I applaud you for trying, however!

Don't listen to this ass, deleting system32, for those that don't know this old trolling bullshit, will screw your Windows OS and you'll have to repair Windows.

@DerpMC_Haxx don't come making idiotic comments and trolling in this thread again.

This is a prime example for your information.

To fix this, just add this file as an exception to your antivirus, it's most likely the one stopping the download. Google it, it's different for every program.

Thank you~
I'll get to that.

Okay, got it work! It was blocked by my anti-virus so I added it to the accepted list~

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to occasionally go and release it from avast's virus chest. I've even sent it in for testing and the program is still doing it lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work