Hacking Anyway to get 'parental controls' with an Acekard ?

AdamBrunt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Just got a DS Lite for my daughter for Christmas. It came bundled with an R4 card but after reading and posting on here I have upgraded to an Acekard 2i.

Anyway, despite it being hers, I will probably want to play on it as well - but games that are probably not suitable for her (she is only 6). So I was wondering if there was any way of blocking access to games on the SD card ?

Reading the documentation it seems that the Acekard (and AKAIO ?) options allow you to set it up so that it won't display roms that have been marked as 'hidden'. And then when I am playing I can just simply turn this option off.

Is this the only way I could do it without getting a 2nd SD card ?

TIA for any help.

Regards,

Adam Brunt

ThePengwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing i can think of is why not just have two SD micro cards? You can put all her things on one, and all your things on another, that way there is no possible way she can find anything you dont let her find.

SD Micro cards seem quite cheap these days too.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ThePengwin said:
One thing i can think of is why not just have two SD micro cards? You can put all her things on one, and all your things on another, that way there is no possible way she can find anything you dont let her find.

SD Micro cards seem quite cheap these days too.
He said that he wanted to knowif there was a way without buying a second SD why buy another when you dont need it

ThePengwin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
He said that he wanted to knowif there was a way without buying a second SD why buy another when you dont need it

I guess i didnt read the entire thing, but SD Cards are so cheap these days, i have about 3 1GB ones just sitting around

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Have forgoten this option (it can on both OS) :D Works but you must set atributes of folders or game itself to HIDDEN when you copy them to card... And then in system options of AKAIO / ACEKARD OS choose SHOW HIDDEN FILES - ALLOW / DENY
But if your daugter is smart, there is large chance that she find them...

heyyouguys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, when my daughter was younger and before slot 1 solutions, we had a Supercard SD. I just put a folder called 'GAMES' and one called 'DADS GAMES' and my daughter didn't play them as i told her if she did, she would lose her DS. This worked for me, and she did not play them. Maybe this will work for your daughter as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1