Hacking Anyway to boot back to Wii Menu from Gamecube mode?

Sebastian25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed some homebrew lets you boot back to wii menu, are there any developers working on a Gamecube to Wii mode?

Its slightly inconvient to power off the wii and power it back on when switching games in gamecube.

If someone ever finds a solution, I would greatly appreciate it.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
when running gc software the wii really becomes a gamecube. the wii hardware can't be used, so no wiimote functionality and no returning to the wii menu

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, but that's only because Nintendo chose to do it that way. I'm sure they could have made it so that when you're playing a gamecube game the wii part didn't "shut off" and it solely became a gamecube. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

Sebastian25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The QOOB PRO modchip for the Gamecube reset to a multi boot menu. If Linux can be booted from Gamecube mode, then Im kinda confused why it would NOT be possible.

anyone know for sure?

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to run the gamecube menu in wii mode, Im sure it would take a tonne of work, but im interested to know if its theoretically possible.
What great homebrew that would be - almost like a GC emulator.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
They have the same hardware architecture so emulation isn't necessary. Basically the idea is that you'd insert a layer around GC mode that would be able to halt GC mode and return to Wii mode. All theoretical mind you but as long as we are speaking theoretical if we could get that far it'd probably be possible to reroute memory card and controller slots to different addresses so you could memory map the GC save to a folder on your SD card or something. Theoretically.

sblur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
I think calling the soft reset procedure in GC mode will result in the Wii menu...
It does. You still need to hit A on the health and safety screen, but the same code that worked fine on GCN works on Wii as well.
CODE#define REG_HOTRESETÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ (0xCC003024)
#define REG_HOTRESET_PTRÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ((volatile u32*)REG_HOTRESET)
#define M_HOTRESETÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ *REG_HOTRESET_PTR = 0x00000000;
Calling M_HOTRESET; anywhere will cause a reboot.

This code has been around since openGC, or whatever libogc's predecessor was called, because that's where I just copied it from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225