Homebrew Anything useful with Opera RAM pack?

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there was anything useful to me rather than browsing online with the Opera internet provider using the RAM pack that comes with it. I have an R4 and I'm not sure to buy an EZ Flash 3 in 1 for gba games or if there was some way to do this with the Ram pack.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Corygarry said:
I was wondering if there was anything useful to me rather than browsing online with the Opera internet provider using the RAM pack that comes with it. I have an R4 and I'm not sure to buy an EZ Flash 3 in 1 for gba games or if there was some way to do this with the Ram pack.

Doubtful that its any great use for other other than the browser as its only 20MB temporary storage

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Corygarry said:

Doubtful that its any great use for other other than the browser as its only 20MB temporary storage
Not 20MB. More like 8MB. (I've heard some say 10MB)

Japhle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I heard was 8MB, but anyways, I think the only thing that uses it (that I know MIGHT use it)
is SNEmulDS. But I'm sure there are a few others that probably use it aswell.

Edit:I found out that neoDS will use it as well.

Rymel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's a list on i believe the cyclo wiki of homebrew that uses it. i think snemulds uses it now, quake 1 and 2 use it too. i can't remember anything else past that sorry. but this is regarding the ezflashv 3in1's ram pack, which may or may not apply to the official. i don't see why it wouldn't though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know the official ram pack is supported by the ram api from lick which most people use, it is only 8 megs according to that (which means only 8 are used even if there is more):
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13023

Homebrew that uses it. Rymel started it and listed most of it, DSlinux has support for the retawq browser.
Edit: would you believe I was at the quake 2 site earlier today. Only carts with 16 or megabytes of ram can be used for Quake2. Other homebrew may also fall into this trap in the future.

GBA games: not a chance (if memory serves it was because the memory gets set to 09XXXXXX hex while the GBA roms (up to 16 megs anyhow) use 08XXXXXX hex and porting is not going to happen, especially while expansion packs are so easy to get ahold of).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, it has to do with the hex address that GBA games start execution at, which is located before the first possible place you can write to the Opera cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame it wasn't Facebook that paused them
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix the made was, has never been piushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both...