Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
So my friend could get me a new Wii for €160, so I decided it was time for me to finally get a Wii. (Mario Galaxy OMGWTFAWESOME) Of course it has the D2C chipset, and my only option here is to wait for new versions of the older chips, or just get the D2CKey. Does anyone have this chip? How does it compare to the older ones?

The reason to wait is of course money. If I get the D2CKey now, it'll cost me about €100 to buy and let someone install it, way too much imo.

So anyone here with any help? Is there going to be an official GBAtemp review soon? Thanks.
smile.gif

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, though I usually don't really trust official sites that much, that's why I need some opinions of people that actually have the chip.
smile.gif

Don't tell me everyone got a Wii when it first came out!
frown.gif

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the d2ckey is the equivalent of a wiikey but for the d2c board. the same team that is behind the wiikey is behind the d2ckey, and an update for the wiikey was provided within a week allowing users to play SMG. D2ckey played SMG out of the box with no firmware update. No one knows when we'll see any "new version of old chips". You could say the d2ckey is a new version of the wiikey

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There are a few people with D2CKeys on IRC...

However, If I were you , I'd get the InFeCtuS modchip ( http://www.infectus.biz/forum/index.php?topic=385.0 )

That sounds.... pretty goddamn awesome actually. I'll wait and see until the guy posts an update. If it turns out to be the next best thing i'll just go with that, hope it'll get a little populair in the future so some shops over here will sell it.

QUOTEthe d2ckey is the equivalent of a wiikey but for the d2c board. the same team that is behind the wiikey is behind the d2ckey, and an update for the wiikey was provided within a week allowing users to play SMG. D2ckey played SMG out of the box with no firmware update. No one knows when we'll see any "new version of old chips". You could say the d2ckey is a new version of the wiikey

Thanks, I didn't know that yet. I'll wait and see how the infectus chip turns out, if it fails i'll probably just end up with the d2ckey. It has all the features of wiikey right? Meaning I can update firmware etc so I don't have to buy anything else ever again for games.

Thanks again for everything guys.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER