Hacking Anyone interested on I Am Setsuna Translation

Accelerator11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can copy all the messages and repack the parameter.cpk but the game will still play the Japanese subs because the PC files uses both Japanese and English subs but the PSV game has no option to switch between languages and still uses Japanese at it's primary language, but you can manually hex edit it and copy the script from the decrypted PC parameters to the PSV parameters and modify some values to match the length of the new text inserted.

here's a sample of a modified parameter.cpk, i just modified the first few text, loads kidda slow since i didn't match the compression of the original cpk
https://mega.nz/#!E8hBGBAb!bf7XZr03O-YoEyLCHHdSYoZV0eGOSaH8APg4fybW31I

First Update First Chapter Translated
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byva3JeEC8uVd2ZwRXdhUkFjSmc/view

Credits to froid_san from reddit

Last edited by Accelerator11,

westwood

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It Would be awesome if someone manage it to get this to work since Square Enix wont bringing this to the Vita ever...

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And why not just play it on PC? If you are not afraid of piracing (you aren't since you use henkaku), there are tons of free torrents for it.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
You can copy all the messages and repack the parameter.cpk but the game will still play the Japanese subs because the PC files uses both Japanese and English subs but the PSV game has no option to switch between languages and still uses Japanese at it's primary language, but you can manually hex edit it and copy the script from the decrypted PC parameters to the PSV parameters and modify some values to match the length of the new text inserted.

here's a sample of a modified parameter.cpk, i just modified the first few text, loads kidda slow since i didn't match the compression of the original cpk
https://mega.nz/#!E8hBGBAb!bf7XZr03O-YoEyLCHHdSYoZV0eGOSaH8APg4fybW31I

Credits to froid_san from reddit

kabayan I made a test with the whole ScenarioMessageData_Chapter_1, check it out on reddit and see if it works perfectly so I could try and do the same with the rest of the files

Accelerator11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kabayan I made a test with the whole ScenarioMessageData_Chapter_1, check it out on reddit and see if it works perfectly so I could try and do the same with the rest of the files
It works perfectly. Somehow when i put english text in ScenarioMessageData_Chapter_1 some text is blank. I'm not really good at hex editing. I might help you on some message files. :)

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
I think its my edited parameter. Try the updated version at first post

I'll be posting the updated translation port cpk here...https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byva3JeEC8uVLTFadENCWGtCLW8

Speaking of this game, I am highly interested in the music ripping. The original OST sucks and there are many missing tracks. Has anyone figured this out yet?

It uses criware tools and you can get a free trial of their tool from their dev site or get a cracked version out there. I think there also a multi ripper tool that can handle awb files... But i forgoten the name.

Aurshur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes!

Absolutely, I bought the PS4 version and haven't so much as started it due to sharing the TV with my girlfriend.

MikotoIIi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll be jumping into this when my vita copy of setsuna arrives. I have a bunch of cpk tools still from working on the dangan ronpa 2 psp back port.

Nemisis-inferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Just copy parameter.cpk then paste it in /ux0:/app/PCSG00756/Media/StreamingAssets/PSVita

Hi, I was just wondering since I have the physical copy of the japanse version and don't have a folder called that, I have ut called PCSB00858 and there is no vita folder in the streaming folder either. Want to test out the English cpk file. Thanks

I found the folder in the other app folder but it does not have those folders only the param stuff.

Last edited by Nemisis-inferno,

jakudy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Square will bring this to Vita worldwide once they realize it was a retarded idea to release a game like this for ps4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far