ROM Hack Anyone interested in a Pokesav documentation?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently in the process of writing a full documentation for Pokesav, with complete explanations for all of its features. Is there any interest or need in the community for such a documentation, or am I just wasting my time? Thanks...

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAQs on the intrawebs thus far and video guides pretty much cover it all. Do it for ease of access if you wish, but it's not a groundbreaking project or anything.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's a guide, basically a help file because the official Pokesav didn't come with one. I'll include a huge reference explaining every single feature of the programs, and several how-tos (how to build a Pokemon from the ground up, etc.)

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm not a n00b but my little sister's coming back from vacation now so it might help her out on her DS

**edit** i'm sure i'll be getting alot of replies like "HAHA yea right your sister
tongue.gif
" or something BUT SHE EXISTS! lol, just thought i'd mention it now before all the messages after
wacko.gif

MarkusE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is there to document? It's a really self-explanatory program. I think that if one can't figure out how to use Pokesav, he shouldn't be messing with it and playing Pokemon anyway.

If you check my PHP development topic, I've been trying to crack the encryption algorithm in D/P without much success. I have made some progress, though -- in any case, I can't imagine people still needing help when there's already a whole freaking program written for them. It's not as if they were trying to figure out how to hex-edit the .sav on their own.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is there to document? It's a really self-explanatory program. I think that if one can't figure out how to use Pokesav, he shouldn't be messing with it and playing Pokemon anyway.

If you check my PHP development topic, I've been trying to crack the encryption algorithm in D/P without much success. I have made some progress, though -- in any case, I can't imagine people still needing help when there's already a whole freaking program written for them. It's not as if they were trying to figure out how to hex-edit the .sav on their own.
Eh, yeah, good point...

Why doesn't GSU just release the source or something? Would make all your guesswork a lot easier.

MarkusE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
COM hasn't been responding to emails, and hence, I think it's doubtful that he'll release the source.

But indeed, it'd make my life MUCH easier.

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
It won't be handy for me since Pokesav came out ages ago and i learned by myself which buttons do what.

But it could be great for noobs.

I can help if you need help.

But each button has text on it/beside it telling you what it is for thats how i learned...reading the text
tongue.gif

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I probably will put it on anything that I can find, however, for GBATemp I'll leave out the parts explaining homebrew devices and such.

coolbho3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh... I'll go through with it anyway, seeing as how I'm nearly done.
wink.gif

EDIT: I am done with the text portions of the guide. It'll take me a while to take the screenshots to go along with it though.

I'm now planning to put the guide on its own website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay