Hacking Anyone got the 8GB Sandisk SDHC Micro

Kie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rather expensive for an 8gb. You can pick up a 2gb one for less than £10 on ebay, so might as well get 4 of those
tongue.gif

But I digress, the Supercard supports SDHC and works fine with an 8gb card, if you're fine with paying the amount you are and you somehow need 8gb on there
tongue.gif

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Well my 4GB Card is nearing full capacity, and I dont want the hassle of having multiple cards to lose.

Storage size is very important for me, and I certainly dont think £50 is too bad for 8GB, the newer bigger capacitys are always more money than the smaller ones

Kie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well it depends how secure you keep your cards. I have two 2gb cards and they're more than enough (1 for music/movies, 1 for games). But I suppose it's up to the individual
smile.gif
The point is that the 8gb cards work fine on the Supercard.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Where do you hear these kind of things ?

M3-Real had probs with > 4GB for a while but was fixed a few firmwares a go, maybe that news has got twisted up somehow ??

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably the official forums, where people WERE having issues with 6 GB cards. I think he's being smart to ask beforehand.

Kie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's been fixed up. My friend has a Supercard and an 8gb card with the newest firmware. No problems.

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Excellent Kie, thank you.

One thing to note, I emailed Chris from SupercardStore.com and he says when you do the speed rating in the supercard software it comes up as a 6, where as my 4GB Toshiba card comes up as 26. He thinks that this might be a bug in the software though as it seems to run fine with games, without a problem.

If I get one, I shall let you know how it fares (especialy using real time save which I think will be a good test of how quick it saves and loads to and from the card).

halljames

OP
Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Well my 8GB Sandisk Card arrived this morning.

Some facts

SD Speed Auto Test gives a result of 5 on my card

In reality, everything works just the same as my 4GB card. No speed issues, in fact, tony hawks downhill jam seems to run even quicker. Real time save and load is still very quick.

I am a very happy chappy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...