Anyone got star wars TOR?

DeadlyAnGeL91792

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im dying to try it out but i dont wanna buy it yet, id love if a player sent me a free trial via email if possible, but how is the game? can you compare it to world of warcraft? is the story any good?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im dying to try it out but i dont wanna buy it yet, id love if a player sent me a free trial via email if possible, but how is the game? can you compare it to world of warcraft? is the story any good?

If you like WoW, you're in luck. It's WoW with lightsabers. (well, actually i'ts more like Rift...which is a clone of WoW, except with polished gameplay mechanics that make WoW feel archaic).

I didn't play outside of any betas so i'm not entirely sure how the games content has panned out, but I know there's the typical bitching that there's no real endgame content yet. That's the problem with casual MMOs, their PVP is trash so their endgame content is almost entirely PvE fixed. WoW can avoid this fact pretty easily since it has had god damn years to add content, but new MMOs people are reeeeally impatient with.

The story is crap, but it's an MMO. Honestly if anyone expected the story to be good, they should stand back and just laugh at themselves.

tl;dr, if you like WoW, you'll very likely enjoy TOR.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played it myself, but one of my friends just bought it. He's pretty enthusiastic about it, and is having a blast with the game; he's even really into the story. So yeah, I guess that counts as a recommendation.

Also, if you want to give the game a shot, have you tried the Weekend Pass?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I haven't played it myself, but one of my friends just bought it. He's pretty enthusiastic about it, and is having a blast with the game; he's even really into the story. So yeah, I guess that counts as a recommendation.

It's already over, it finished Sunday I believe... I actually took a chance to try it and it was pretty good and I played it for two of the 4 days, although I was disapointed with the char creation... I was hoping for something more advanced from a Bioware and Lucas Arts game..

Zaertix

One Stop Nintendo Shop on Mixer!
Trophies
Website
mixer.com
XP
Country
United States

It's already over, it finished Sunday I believe... I actually took a chance to try it and it was pretty good and I played it for two of the 4 days, although I was disapointed with the char creation... I was hoping for something more advanced from a Bioware and Lucas Arts game..

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends?intcmp=eaint705

You are now able to invite friends for a 7 day play period.

I'd do it but mine are all taken up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1