Anyone got star wars TOR?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DeadlyAnGeL91792, Apr 11, 2012.

Apr 11, 2012
  1. DeadlyAnGeL91792
    OP

Member DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Im dying to try it out but i dont wanna buy it yet, id love if a player sent me a free trial via email if possible, but how is the game? can you compare it to world of warcraft? is the story any good?

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    If you like WoW, you're in luck. It's WoW with lightsabers. (well, actually i'ts more like Rift...which is a clone of WoW, except with polished gameplay mechanics that make WoW feel archaic).

I didn't play outside of any betas so i'm not entirely sure how the games content has panned out, but I know there's the typical bitching that there's no real endgame content yet. That's the problem with casual MMOs, their PVP is trash so their endgame content is almost entirely PvE fixed. WoW can avoid this fact pretty easily since it has had god damn years to add content, but new MMOs people are reeeeally impatient with.

The story is crap, but it's an MMO. Honestly if anyone expected the story to be good, they should stand back and just laugh at themselves.

tl;dr, if you like WoW, you'll very likely enjoy TOR.

3. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I haven't played it myself, but one of my friends just bought it. He's pretty enthusiastic about it, and is having a blast with the game; he's even really into the story. So yeah, I guess that counts as a recommendation.

Also, if you want to give the game a shot, have you tried the Weekend Pass?

4. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    It's already over, it finished Sunday I believe... I actually took a chance to try it and it was pretty good and I played it for two of the 4 days, although I was disapointed with the char creation... I was hoping for something more advanced from a Bioware and Lucas Arts game..

5. Zaertix

Member Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends?intcmp=eaint705

You are now able to invite friends for a 7 day play period.

I'd do it but mine are all taken up.

6. thiefb0ss

Member thiefb0ss GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    It's pretty much a texture pack for WoW.