Anyone got star wars TOR?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by DeadlyAnGeL91792, Apr 11, 2012.

1. DeadlyAnGeL91792
    OP

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    Im dying to try it out but i dont wanna buy it yet, id love if a player sent me a free trial via email if possible, but how is the game? can you compare it to world of warcraft? is the story any good?

2. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    If you like WoW, you're in luck. It's WoW with lightsabers. (well, actually i'ts more like Rift...which is a clone of WoW, except with polished gameplay mechanics that make WoW feel archaic).

I didn't play outside of any betas so i'm not entirely sure how the games content has panned out, but I know there's the typical bitching that there's no real endgame content yet. That's the problem with casual MMOs, their PVP is trash so their endgame content is almost entirely PvE fixed. WoW can avoid this fact pretty easily since it has had god damn years to add content, but new MMOs people are reeeeally impatient with.

The story is crap, but it's an MMO. Honestly if anyone expected the story to be good, they should stand back and just laugh at themselves.

tl;dr, if you like WoW, you'll very likely enjoy TOR.

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    I haven't played it myself, but one of my friends just bought it. He's pretty enthusiastic about it, and is having a blast with the game; he's even really into the story. So yeah, I guess that counts as a recommendation.

Also, if you want to give the game a shot, have you tried the Weekend Pass?

4. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    It's already over, it finished Sunday I believe... I actually took a chance to try it and it was pretty good and I played it for two of the 4 days, although I was disapointed with the char creation... I was hoping for something more advanced from a Bioware and Lucas Arts game..

5. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends?intcmp=eaint705

You are now able to invite friends for a 7 day play period.

I'd do it but mine are all taken up.

6. thiefb0ss

thiefb0ss GBAtemp Regular

Feb 26, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Moscow
    It's pretty much a texture pack for WoW.