Gaming Anyone given Tower DS a go yet?

bumjeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im a massive fan of the PC Sim Tower.

I have the GBA version which is just as fun. Is there any point upgrading to Tower DS? It looks to be almost the same and its only in Japanese at the moment.

Do you need to be able to read Japanese text to play this?

I would rather have a DS version over GBA to be honest as I paranoid about losing saves on my EZflash 3in1.

bumjeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think many people here refuse to buy a game full stop
laugh.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd stick to the GBA version if I were you, bumjeans. It's very difficult to figure out the Japanese version, but I am enjoying the GBA release.

epicelite, I'm curious. Why don't you buy games from EA?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr

They ruined my favorite game company, then shat out some crappy games with said companies logo on them. Needless to say the games are absolute s**t.

shiroitaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree EA do tend to drown out alot of good stuff, the new burnout is crap compared to the ones of old i miss my poor crash junctions! But saying that battlefield bad company is good. just a shame they knock out the same crap sports stuff over and over so glad codemasters got the F1 license and not them
smile.gif

But they are just a sequel manufacturing machine with hardly a original concept then they just buy out the companys with the original ideas and ruin them... shame

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
I refuse to buy a game made by E.A.
What has that got to do about anything? The GBA title wasn't published by them, it was by SEGA who are getting far worse imo & EA won't be publishing this one as no one has signed it up for release outside of Japan.

I had a quick play and its a lot nicer to play it on the DS than it was on the GBA. A lot less fiddly, might not be easy for some people who don't know Japanese but if you've played the GBA one you'll know some of what's going on.

QUOTE(epicelite @ Jul 6 2008, 10:59 AM) tl;dr

They ruined my favorite game company, then shat out some crappy games with said companies logo on them. Needless to say the games are absolute s**t.
They've gotten a lot better within the last year and seem to want to turn around peoples perception of them. Boom Blox for example was a great game, sadly though no fucker bought it so maybe they'll won't take any more chances.

bumjeans

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Hadrian. I am quite familier with the icons and controls on the GBA version. Only thing Im concerned about is the objectives. I hope a translation guide is released soon.

Is there anything new in the version and have they kept the sound effects the same?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA is indeed shit, not only do they bring all of those shitty sports games around, most of their other games suck, and Spore/Sims crappy little spyware packaged with the game that sends your information to their servers (more than just basic information). If their servers were ever attacked, we'd all be liable.

k0sm0s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
..... i'm playing it, and enjoying it

and to clarify.. THIS IS NOT BY EA!!! THIS IS BY THE ORIGINAL CREATOR OF SIMTOWER. the japanese yoot tower.

yes there's objectives, and you need quite a good knowledge of japanese to play it. knowing and having played simtower helps too, but there are things like objectives and (LOTS and LOTS) of hidden commands that you need to read the instructions in order to succeed.

currently at the last tower

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have a copy of Sim City classic around here somewhere, great stuff.

Are "the sims" and "sim city" completly different I thought that E.A. made the sims after buying MAXXIS? Or are they still around, I just assume EA own all smaller companies now.

Well if you say it is not by EA then I guess it is fine, I do NOT hate EA because they make crap games, everyone makes crap games, I hate them because the RUIN companies that make good games.

Battle field is actually made by D.I.C.E. and is a ok game, but punkbuster runis it. PB allows cheaters to play and legit people, like myself, cannot get past it for their life. Also nomatter wheat I did PB would ALWAYS be running int he background so I uninstalled it.

Also Crysis is a horrible game even if it does look nice.

Also, I do not want to relive to story about the fall of the greatest game company ever so do not as me to tell it please. It just, too painful. *cries*

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually have a major complaint about the FIFA series. I loved FIFA 06 (my fav sports game), then they got some new engine (their "amazing next-gen enging") and ruined the series. 07 and 08 are my least favourite of all the games, and the controls are just so sloppy! The characters are also very fat and not like their real counterparts. And somehow they ruined Fifa Street 3 as well. Fifa Street 2 was a fun arcade game, then they got to 3 and made the character models tall and stretched out.

I am so angry with EA for ruining those 2 franchises with "next-gen" gameplay and graphics.

ON TOPIC: Is this a tower defense game? Or is it like a game where you manage an apartment building as it's landlord?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp