Hacking Anyone ever replaced their screens?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
As I wait for the replacement screens for the DS that fell victim to my molesting to arrive from DealExtreme, I'd like to know of your own individual experiences with replacement screens. Dim light? Faded colors? Dead pixels? Please do tell.

I am also replacing my touchscreen. How accurate and how easy to scratch or crack through pressure have you found your replacements to be?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my Top Screen for my Phat from DX... except for the sticky stuff, it works perfectly!

It's not all that hard to replace them, just be VERY CAREFUL, TAKE YOUR TIME, and work in a very clean environment... you don't want to get a hair between the touch pad and the screen, or on the inside of the top screen (like I did)... it's such a pain to clean it out!

neo_hito

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
exsphere.net
XP
Country
Its... easy. Since you've changed ds shells before I'd say its as easy as that.
Too bad the problem with mine was the motherboard so changing the touch screen was a waste of time XD

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used replacements from DX for the top screen and the touch screen. Touch screen was OK functionally but had a slight tint that made the whole bottom screen a different color than the top. The top screen came with 6 dead pixels and a cluster of 4 stuck pixels.
Replacing the screens was easy, too bad it was a waste of time IMO. The DS was useable again but I felt like I was back in the Game Gear days (really trying hard not to notice/care that the screen is fucked). I ended up just buying a new DSLite.

purina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the Screens from DX are great, imo the hardest bit is twisting the ribbon cable round to get it through the hole, but if you take ur time and dont get stressed its fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.