Hacking Anyone determined if class 6 drains batteries significantly slower, or

NinjaGaijin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4 GB A-Data Class 6 card and was wondering if you folks think that it will drain my batter significantly faster than a good 6 or 8 GB Class 4 (Kingston probably) ?

Can anyone clarify or confirm that which cards they have had the best battery life with? Should I stick with a 2 GB class 4 to maximize battery life?

Thanks for taking the time =)

T

Purses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd think the battery difference between microsd cards is VERY minimal. Just make sure whichever flashcart you're using you don't have the brightness set to max, like some do by default.

NinjaGaijin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purses said:
I'd think the battery difference between microsd cards is VERY minimal. Just make sure whichever flashcart you're using you don't have the brightness set to max, like some do by default.

Right, I've definitely kept an eye on that. However I have been reading quite a bit about the sdHC draining batteries much much faster than a regular micro sd. I am not sure if it's just paranoia or what but I swear I can notice it as well.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is in the same boat?

BTW I am using it in a cyclo ds.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Indeed a microSDHC card uses more power than a microSD card (and is a little slower than a microSD card, particularly a microSD card formatted with FAT16). However, the difference probably isn't that significant.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "class 4" microSD card (only microSDHC cards have class ratings).

-Bri

NinjaGaijin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
Indeed a microSDHC card uses more power than a microSD card (and is a little slower than a microSD card, particularly a microSD card formatted with FAT16). However, the difference probably isn't that significant.

By the way, there is no such thing as a "class 4" microSD card (only microSDHC cards have class ratings).

-Bri

Ah, good to know, thanks for the info. I will run some little tests and see what I come up with =).

Thanks again

NinjaGaijin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NinjaGaijin said:
Bri said:

-Bri

Ah, good to know, thanks for the info. I will run some little tests and see what I come up with =).

Thanks again

Just wanted to post an update for anyone who may be interested. I tested two micro sd cards. The A Data 4 GB Class 6 card, and a Kingston 2 GB regular micro sd card. The Kingston card last practically forever, at least 6 hours of actual game time. HOWEVER, the A Data card only lasted about 2 hours TOPS before the red light came on warning me of a low battery. Nothing was changed other than the two cards, they both had the EXACT same data on them, number of files, sizes, everything.

Not sure if it's just A Data cards, micro sd HC cards, or Class 6 cards, but something is draining this battery significantly faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...