Hacking Anyone bought from nowplay.co.uk?

munz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought it on 18 July. The item was shipped out on 26 July, according to the slip of paper that it arrived with (receipt?).
It arrived as 2nd class Recorded Signed For mail.

I waited almost 2 weeks. I wasn't given a reason why it took so long.
A 2nd class Recorded Signed For mail should take a maximum of 3 days to arrive.

My guess is the Royal Mail strikes and the flood must have messed up the company's shipping times?

flameraver

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had real probelms with this company and have no replys from many emails. I ordered on the 14 June and have still not got ANY contact from this company. I think the floods and mail strike have nothing to do with this as i am a avid ebayer and have no probelms with post at all. I have taken a case out on paypal. I would not advise any1 to use this company will post on here for update if i hear anythin to add others in with this extremely bad company!

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, to everyone that hasn't got their G6, that sucks, and to us two(?) that have received it, either we got really freakin' lucky or everyone else just got really unlucky. And stop emailing them, they can ignore that, phone them.

andyshan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my added experience -

Order M3 Simply Card + 1GB card from them 6 weeks (!!!!) ok now, rang them after 3 weeks, and 'Ted' there gave me a tracking number for the Royal Mail. Th tracking number doesn't exist as it's only recorded when the order gets signed for at destination. Useless!

I waited another week or so and still nothing. Royal Mail told me to take it up with the seller. I rang and rang (and rang) the seller and no answer.

I tried ringing a couple of days later, got through to 'Ted' again. Who told me he'll 'send out another'. I thought ok, that's fair if it actually did get lost in the post.

A week later I rang back and spoke to 'Ted' to tell him that I've yet to receiev anything.... still! His words were, and this is no lie "I'm not going to lie to you, it's not been sent out". I asked why, he said that he forgot(!!!).

'He' forgot? What kind of a system do they run there? He said he'd send it out that day (Thursday week just gone) and I will get it soon. Then he said he'll send it second class. I guess that means it buys him a bit more time to make more excuses if it doesn't arrive. I will keep everyone informed if it actually arrives, but please NO ONE buy from this seller!It's not worth the time or frustration. It's only £40 but it's £40 worth spent elsewhere and it's my well-earned money their just playing with!!

Does anyone know how we can spread the word to stop these people acting like this again?

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's my added experience -

Order M3 Simply Card + 1GB card from them 6 weeks (!!!!) ok now, rang them after 3 weeks, and 'Ted' there gave me a tracking number for the Royal Mail. Th tracking number doesn't exist as it's only recorded when the order gets signed for at destination. Useless!

I waited another week or so and still nothing. Royal Mail told me to take it up with the seller. I rang and rang (and rang) the seller and no answer.

I tried ringing a couple of days later, got through to 'Ted' again. Who told me he'll 'send out another'. I thought ok, that's fair if it actually did get lost in the post.

A week later I rang back and spoke to 'Ted' to tell him that I've yet to receiev anything.... still! His words were, and this is no lie "I'm not going to lie to you, it's not been sent out". I asked why, he said that he forgot(!!!).

'He' forgot? What kind of a system do they run there? He said he'd send it out that day (Thursday week just gone) and I will get it soon. Then he said he'll send it second class. I guess that means it buys him a bit more time to make more excuses if it doesn't arrive. I will keep everyone informed if it actually arrives, but please NO ONE buy from this seller!It's not worth the time or frustration. It's only £40 but it's £40 worth spent elsewhere and it's my well-earned money their just playing with!!

Does anyone know how we can spread the word to stop these people acting like this again?
the only thing i can think this person/company may be doing (and this is only my opinion). they may be buying themselves enough time to get the stock in because everyone knows there's a world shortage of m3dss. if he's just waiting for stock to arrive from his supplier this scenerio is the most probable.
smile.gif

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
Not wanting to annoy the mods by advertising my own site, but I wanted to state something that all sites should have... A live stock counter.
At the bottom of each item is a number ' IN stock'
So when you order from my site you now I have stock.
Maybe this nowplay dissapointment could of been avoided if they had similar.
All orders are sent within 24hrs, usually same day.

394 customers registered, and apart from being on the official R4DS.net suppliers page, It's all word of mouth.

www.addictsupplies.com

MikeyGreenStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well ordered a Cyclo Evolution from them on 24th August. Phoned them on the 28th August to ask if I would be recieving it shortly. Was told it would be sent out 2nd class that night and I would recieve it by friday. So Monday 3rd September rung them every 15minutes until they picked up. Was told 3 times someone would phone me back. At 17:05 that day got a call from Steve saying that he would track it with Royal Mail but it would probably turn up tomorrow. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and waited until today 5th Spetember to ring again to see how the tracking went. When I get through I only ever get to Ted as Steve is always busy and he will ring me back.

So frustrated I ended up purchasing another one from consoleup.com on the friday which turned up tuesday.

I'll keep everyone posted. But next time I get through to them I will demand to know if it has been shipped or if they even have any stock and threaten them with the Trading Standards Office and see what response I get.

andyshan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone - I said I'd keep everyone informed and here's what's happened with my order -

Well it got to over 8 weeks, and I rang them up again. I didn't ask for 'Ted' this time, as based on my experience, Ted just didn't do anything he said he would do. Without being too personal - what an uterlly useless waste of space this human being is! I'll explain - he never rang back when he said he would, he never put me through to management when i asked, he never posted my order when he said he would do so 'personally', and never gave me a refund. And again to tell me 'he forgot' to post my order, well...

Anyway, I got through to Steve this time, and said he would give me a full refund and I will see it in my Paypal (I payed by Paypal) account shorlty. I waited the full day, and it didn't appear. Why? I don't know. Anyway, I rang the following day and spoke to Steve again, and I had a little bit of a go at them for all the time I've wasted dealing with such an unprofessional company, and demanded that he refunded my money straight away. And finally he did there and then on the phone line. I saw it back in my PayPal account, minus the Paypal transaction fee of roughly £1.50 of course (I say sarcastically).

Anyway, now I'm going to order from a more professional company. Can anyone suggest the best place to get an M3 Simply (with 1GB micro SD)? And please, no one say NowPlay.

Hope I've kept everyone warned/entertained with this story. Andy

MikeyGreenStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Andy I can recommend www.modchipfitters.com

They dont currently have any 1gb combos in stock but do have 2 m3 simply's on there own priced at £29.75. You can pick up a 1gb for under £10 on ebay incl delivery from the UK. Or they have 1 2gb bundle in stock for £55.49 but again you could get a 2gb micro sd for under £15.

They do nect day delivery and I buy all of my wiikey's from them. Very professional service and real time stock updates.

andyshan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Mikey -

I actually just ordered a CycloDS Evolution + 2Gb Micro SD Card from consoleup.com (recommended by a previous poster), and this card has got great reviews and comes with 2Gb :-) - I got it for £52.99.

I'll keep your recommended site bookmarked!

Andy

MikeyGreenStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats where I got my cyclo evolution from. Ordered on friday and it was delivered on the Tuesday. Have fun

Edit: Today I have contacted Trading Standards about nowplay and also copied them in on the email. Just have to wait and see.

Lazlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in the same boat.

Ordered a G6 on 2/9. Still waiting.

it's been been 26 days now but they never reply to e-mail. Phone is always dead or just doesn't get answered.

If a company says something is in stock, surely it's not unreasonable to think you will receive it within a week.

Duckula

Trophies
XP
Country
There should be a huge sticky on this site saying to avoid nowplay. It's a miracle I actually got my order from them a few months ago.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got mine from them no problem but there is a staggering number of people who haven't so I don't know. A lot of people complain about mrmodchips and I've only had good service from them.

Lazlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update:

Actually got through to them today: The guy took my name, said he'd check my order then hung up.

Had enough now, i have requested my money back through worldpay and have reported them to trading standards (via consumer direct) on 08454 040506

The company name is: ZAPPIES LIMITED
CAPELLA HOUSE, 4 RAILWAY
APPROACH, WORTHING
WEST SUSSEX
BN11 1UR
Company No. 05865666

If you've been waiting ages for your stuff i urge you to do the same.

2nd update:

Got this from worldpay:
Thank you for contacting WorldPay.

WorldPay only provide online stores with the ability to accept card payments securely over the internet. The online store is responsible at all times for any queries relating to the payment and fulfilment of your order.

If you have a query relating to your purchase, please contact the online store directly. You should find the online store's contact details displayed on their website, the store's purchase receipt, and on the transaction confirmation email.

Like, yes i know but what if they're complete idiots and don't answer e-mails/phone

MikeyGreenStar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The response I got from trading standards was to write them a letter and send it recorded delivery and to state that under some consumer act (the email is on my work computer not my home) they have to either refund or delivery the goods within 30 days which for me is up on the 24th Sept.

After the 30 days is up i'm not sure who's problem is it? whether it's the police or trading standards.

I will draft the letter tomorrow and if i'm allowed I will upload it as an attachment so we can all use the same one.

It might also be worth contacting watchdog. I'll look in to it and let everyone know how to go about it. If we all contact them with the same problem they cant ignore us all.

Lazlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let us know how you get on. My 30 days aren't up until 2nd Oct.

Btw trading standards told me the same thing about the letter, but i can't really write it until the 30 days are nearly up. They said if the letter is unsuccessful then to contact trading standards again and they will do something about it.

It's really annoying because they are obviously still solvent, an e-mail saying they were having difficulties of one kind or another could've stopped all this.

Have you seen this Btw: http://www.amazon.co.uk/G6-DS-Real-1GB-Nin...90063160&sr=8-1

Note the supplier and the delivery date

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg