Hacking Any websites around still selling the CycloDS iEvolution with PayPal?

nbduckman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firstly, I know what you're thinking: Why would you want to buy one of those flashcards? After all, the dev team did a runner and haven't updated it for a year, and there are many better alternatives.

I currently own a Supercard DStwo, which pretty much covers me for anything I could possibly need to do. I use it mainly on my 3DS. However, the only thing it's missing is DSi-mode ability. While a bit of a gimmick and not very useful, my DSi is still on firmware 1.4.2 and I have no intentions of upgrading it. Additionally, I have a few projects I'd like to try with the DSi-mode compatibility. Anyway, why I need one is irrelevant, I'm just letting you know before the questions start xD

I have a tricky request: Does anyone know of a site that still sells the CycloDS iEvolution, and accepts PayPal as a payment method? Unfortunately, stores that sell these, and stores that accept PayPal, are both quite rare nowadays, so it's quite unlikely that there is one that does both. If you know of one, please let me know xD I have found a few sites that sell iEvos, but they only accept credit cards and I'm not sure I'd want to take that risk.

Additionally, if you know of a store that sells these that doesn't accept PayPal, but you have purchased from them with a credit card and all went well, I would also be interested to know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I should have bought one of these a while back, finding one now is a massive task :/

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Credit card do have purchase protection. If anything goes wrong you can ask your issuer to issue a chargeback.

A viable option is to buy Visa/MC prepaid card and load them with money.

kains_shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same dilema... but worse.

A few days back, i was looking for a super card (for replaicing my old, outdated, and bricked DSTT) and ohhh... surprise... because of the not so new "paypal practices" i can't buy one.

It is not only hard to find a shop where they do worlwide shiping (i don't live on europe or usa) but in my country, credit card payment is almost imposible because banks only makes transactions on "reliable companys" even though cards has the visa and master card thingys.

so what can i do? paypal is my only option for online shoping...

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I sincerely do not advise you to get a Cyclo iEvo, simply for the fact that it is unlikely that you'd be able to boot any DSi Homebrew on it. The recent Nintendo patches made the cart nearly useless and without the developers behind it, there chances for any recovery are practically zero.

You have a DSTwo - a cart with its own development kit and dedicated homebrew that's actively supported. I suggest using that to its full advantage... that is, unless you want to get an iEvo for its collector's value.

nbduckman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I sincerely do not advise you to get a Cyclo iEvo, simply for the fact that it is unlikely that you'd be able to boot any DSi Homebrew on it. The recent Nintendo patches made the cart nearly useless and without the developers behind it, there chances for any recovery are practically zero.

You have a DSTwo - a cart with its own development kit and dedicated homebrew that's actively supported. I suggest using that to its full advantage... that is, unless you want to get an iEvo for its collector's value.

To be honest, it's rarity is one of the main reasons I'm purchasing it: It was the only card ever to run DSi-mode, and if I don't get one now, soon they'll be all gone. Like I said, I've done extensive research on this, and because of my current non-updated firmware and the programs I wish to run, I'll still be able to get limited use out of it. Of course, I will primarily use my DStwo but I would like to have this ability also.

Also, I have unbelievably found 2 sites that still sell this and accept PayPal. To protect the sites, I won't post them here but feel free to PM me if you'd like to know. I'm ordering one today, as both sites have low stocks and one may be closing shortly. They also sell SuperCard DStwos, for those interested.

While I considered the option of using credit cards, that option is out for me. I don't think I could take that risk regardless. I'll consider prepaid cards though, but from what I've read they're a bit of trouble to use.

nbduckman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, if anyone's paranoid about scams, it's me, but I'm certain the site which I'm purchasing from is legit. The members even use gbatemp, which is a bit reassuring too xD

Also, thank you for the suggestion Another World, it's homebrew like this that I'm looking to try out. I'll be sure to give it a shot :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.