Hacking Any way to update from 8.1 to 9.2 ?

bxstreetlife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hi everybody, first i'd like to apologize for my ugly english...

frome several months i tried to update my son's 3ds to get the profile exploit in 4.5 but i encountered a lot of problems...
sysnand is actually 8.1.019E and was updated from a cartridge update ( maybe fantasy life ) wich is not like an e-shop update. The result is that some files are missing and i'm not able to downgrade from 8.1 to 4.5 because gateway downgrader doesn't let me do so. I got an error everytime i try the process. I need a way to update our sysnand from 8.1 to 9.2 and then downgrade properly via gateway. The problem is that Sysupdater doesn't launch in Sysnand. So is there another way to install cia's from 8.1.

Thank you very much for your help.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need rxTools in Dev Mode or PastaCFW with firmlaunch disabled to boot and use sysupdater properly, of course is not going to boot normally in sysnand because is not signed.

bxstreetlife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
thank you very much for your reply i'm tryin' to install rxtools v3.0b on sysnand 8.1 but i can only get ver 2.6 to work. I don't see DevMode in 2.6 version, i'm kinda stucked...

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you very much for your reply i'm tryin' to install rxtools v3.0b on sysnand 8.1 but i can only get ver 2.6 to work. I don't see DevMode in 2.6 version, i'm kinda stucked...

Use 2.5.2 instead, 2.6 doesn't have Dev Mode because it's developer forgot to add the option to the menu lol

bxstreetlife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ooh cool ! thank you for your help :yay:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Aargh !! devmode crashes in 2.5.2 everytime i launch it...

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have the right update package.

*Right region
*Right system (O3DS/N3DS)

From there on everything should workout just fine.

ooh cool ! thank you for your help :yay:

Aargh !! devmode crashes in 2.5.2 everytime i launch it...

What do you see?

bxstreetlife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I'm launching it thru the browser exploit. rxTools 2.5.2 launches corectly and every function works except devmode.
I a have an European sysnand.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another (and much easier and safer) way to upgrade to 9.2 is to track down a cartridge that has 9.2 on it

http://www.3dsdb.com/

search 9.2 on there and find a game that matches your region. Then go track down that game at your local game stores.

Edit: once your on 9.2 then dont downgrade. Set up your cfw to boot with themehax. It will boot your cfw the moment you turn your 3ds on!

Last edited by Adeka,

bxstreetlife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thank you for your help. After weeks, i finally did it. The fact is that when you update your 3ds from a cartridge some files are missing.. it's a minimal update. So when you're trying to downgrade , gateway detect those missing files and the process is aborted that's the reason of the " fatal error ".
I installed rxTools then fbi and finally sysupdater ( this one launch successfully in sysnand after i enabled devmode in rxTools ) to install cia's from 9.2.0.20E in security.
I'll try themehax , thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol