Gaming Any way to reduce the size of PSX EBOOTS?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there,

I have some PSX EBOOTS that I would want reduced (in size). They are all compressed (level 9).
Is there any other way to lower the size without getting rid of things like audio, cutscenes, etc?

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DokiDoki98 said:
I can't think of any way, aren't they fairly small???

It all depends on the game. Same with PSP games. Some compress really well, others don't. Just depends on the amount of video/audio content.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well on a few other forums, people say that they have gotten Final Fantasy IX down to about 200MB. I highly doubt this is for all 4 discs, but he said it runs fine with audio and cutscenes. My EBOOT for it is just shy of 500MB. =\

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
blastimpulseee said:
Hello there,

I have some PSX EBOOTS that I would want reduced (in size). They are all compressed (level 9).
Is there any other way to lower the size without getting rid of things like audio, cutscenes, etc?

Read the thread before replying, Raiyu.
rolleyes.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
blastimpulseee said:
Hello there,

rolleyes.gif

Loool. xD
Ah well. I guess they're small enough.
Although I find it weird how my Gundam VS Gundam CSO is smaller than my Final Fantasy IX Disc I EBOOT.
blink.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Im pretty sure its impossible to get FFIX down to 200MB without messing with the audio/video. The only way I see that happening is if the audio or video are stored in there more than one time... in which case, the person could just delete all of the copies and just link them all to the original...

But I don't think that's the case.

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Im pretty sure its impossible to get FFIX down to 200MB without messing with the audio/video. The only way I see that happening is if the audio or video are stored in there more than one time... in which case, the person could just delete all of the copies and just link them all to the original...

But I don't think that's the case.

Yeah, I think you're right.
If I deleted all the CG cutscenes, I'm sure the size would drop drastically.
I've played FFIX on my PS about 15 times. xD
So this is around my 16th time which is on my newly acquired PSP.
biggrin.gif

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
blastimpulseee said:
Hello there,

rolleyes.gif
I know I did read the thread.
blink.gif
It's an app that compresses the audio and videos and stuff to also make the EBOOTS smaller. I know what I'm talking about..>.>

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Except how do you further compress an eboot which has been maximally compressed by it's creation utility?....Answer...you can't!

The reason some of those PSX games are so large compared to recent PSP games is because of changes in compression and file types used. If they recoded the FF games from scratch they'd certainly be much better optimised and hence much smaller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: