Hacking Any way to re-flash the AceKard 2's firmware?

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got an AceKard 2 lying around that I've since replaced with a new one, but it would be nice if I could somehow fix the old one. The card just goes to a black screen when trying to use AKAIO, but actually does something when using the official firmware.

The official firmware loads the skin and then just sits there with the MicroSD access light going completely nuts - flashing on and off really fast forever. It never loads a file list and I am unable to interact with it at all. I've tried: reformatting my MicroSD (both with windows and the panasonic formatter), a different MicroSD, different versions of both the AKAIO and official firmware, and additionally, placing a small piece of paper in front of the MicroSD card to try and push it against the slot contacts - Nothing has any effect.

This all started when I tried turning on autorun as well as setting a shortcut to the game that I was trying to run.

The only thing I can think to try is to re-flash the firmware of the card itself, but I haven't seen any tools to do this. I have an Acekard 2.1 that works, as well as a bunch of other flash-cards (both slot-1 and slot-2) so I can still run any kind of software that would be required to re-flash the Acekard 2.

If any of you have any ideas or know who I should talk to, please let me know.

Thanks!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
sounds like your first one is from the bad batch contact acekard and ask for a replacement. They will likely ask for some pictures of it but will replace it for free

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To make AW's statement a bit clearer, a card which uses the Acekard's hardware would be like R4i, I do believe. This means it can run AKAIO naively and that will be blocked in the next release.

As for your problem, ask for a new one
smile.gif

~ Jon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them