Any way to re-flash the AceKard 2's firmware?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Achilles, May 28, 2009.

May 28, 2009
  1. Achilles
    OP

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've got an AceKard 2 lying around that I've since replaced with a new one, but it would be nice if I could somehow fix the old one. The card just goes to a black screen when trying to use AKAIO, but actually does something when using the official firmware.

The official firmware loads the skin and then just sits there with the MicroSD access light going completely nuts - flashing on and off really fast forever. It never loads a file list and I am unable to interact with it at all. I've tried: reformatting my MicroSD (both with windows and the panasonic formatter), a different MicroSD, different versions of both the AKAIO and official firmware, and additionally, placing a small piece of paper in front of the MicroSD card to try and push it against the slot contacts - Nothing has any effect.

This all started when I tried turning on autorun as well as setting a shortcut to the game that I was trying to run.

The only thing I can think to try is to re-flash the firmware of the card itself, but I haven't seen any tools to do this. I have an Acekard 2.1 that works, as well as a bunch of other flash-cards (both slot-1 and slot-2) so I can still run any kind of software that would be required to re-flash the Acekard 2.

If any of you have any ideas or know who I should talk to, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Achilles
    OP

Member Achilles GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Bumping... anyone?

3. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    sounds like your first one is from the bad batch contact acekard and ask for a replacement. They will likely ask for some pictures of it but will replace it for free

4. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    A fake maybe?

5. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Afaik, there are no fake Acekards. There are some clones though.

6. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    well there are clones of the acekard hardware in a sense, but no acekard clones. does that make sense? what i mean is there is no ak2-ultra or ak2-III.

-another world

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    To make AW's statement a bit clearer, a card which uses the Acekard's hardware would be like R4i, I do believe. This means it can run AKAIO naively and that will be blocked in the next release.

As for your problem, ask for a new one [​IMG]

~ Jon

8. deethebee

Member deethebee GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this is exactly the same problem i had
    to fix it delete the last few files you copied or at least thats what i did and it worked