Hacking Any way to install a operating system on the xbox 360?

deltax5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I preferably want to install some sort of windows. Maybe windows 7. SO I can boot big box and play the good emualtors.
Even if I can install retropi (linux) it will be alot better then having a raspberry pi. The likly hood of playing saturn games will be very high.
I think the 360 even has enough cpu power to run hi gan just hope 500mb ram is enough.
Plus it will cost around the same as a pi and bijilion times better.
I can see having problems with video and sound drivers unless there is someone who made them out there.

Last edited by deltax5,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Xbox can't install windows and no one has bothered coming up with a way. You could get Linux installed but I'll tell you right now that it's not going to run much of anything good... the power of the system is limited to say the least but there are tons of native emulators available for hacked Xbox 360 consoles (they require a jtag or RGH hack with so would Linux) so I would recommend those over whatever you may get running in Linux.

deltax5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ok never mind then. Just gotta overclock my pi even more. Maybe stick it in my freezer or something (im joking)
I am really looking for the cheepest device that can support hi gan,ps2 satern dolphin and some other emulators. I think I gotta wait it out and just use my pc I have now in a smaller case when I get a new pc.

Last edited by deltax5,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 360 only has a very outdated Gentoo distro.
Homebrew on the 360 never really took off and for the price of a hacked 360, you can find yourself a cheapo PC that's 10 times as powerful?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER