Any way to get into FTPiiU from Minute?

HotJuicyBurgers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, is there a way to connect my wii u to my computer from the minute menu? Apparently you can launch homebrew directly from minute per some of the guides I've read.

My situation is that I think I added a file incorrectly to the SLC, and my sysnand is toast. I had rednand set up properly but now I can't get it to boot past the minute menu.

NO111ONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Oh hey, familiar name. How'd you mess up the 5.5.2 update? I thought that you got OSv10 15848 installed and got going.

Anyway, to load FTPiiU, you need OSv10 running. If you can load it, you should be fine.
Note that you need all of OS' libraries to boot. So if you don't have the OSv10 title in SLC at all, then loading ios_orig.img will not work (in which case, restore your SLC.RAW hacked with ISFShax).

HotJuicyBurgers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, familiar name. How'd you mess up the 5.5.2 update? I thought that you got OSv10 15848 installed and got going.

Anyway, to load FTPiiU, you need OSv10 running. If you can load it, you should be fine.
Note that you need all of OS' libraries to boot. So if you don't have the OSv10 title in SLC at all, then loading ios_orig.img will not work (in which case, restore your SLC.RAW hacked with ISFShax).
Hey, I was able to update 5.5.5 no problem, had rednand installed, and things were working fine until I decided I should try and install fw.img on the Alf as well. Now I can’t boot into my rednand as minute keeps throwing errors

With all that being said, if I updated to 5.5.5 on rednand does that mean I got osv10? Not sure I follow

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
So you want to access files stored on Wii u MLC/SLC in your current situation? If you can boot into UDPIH then it has a WUP server function + Load network configuration, so you can download/upload system files with a python script wupclient.
recoverymenu.png

See the original thread for details.

NO111ONE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
things were working fine until I decided I should try and install fw.img on the Alf as well. Now I can’t boot into my rednand as minute keeps throwing errors
You would have to say what is "Alf" (SLC typing mistake x2?) and what errors minute is giving you.

When you have minute.ini with autoboot=2, you should just boot redNAND with whatever rednand.ini says. As far as I know, it's MLC w/o SCFM.

HotJuicyBurgers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you want to access files stored on Wii u MLC/SLC in your current situation? If you can boot into UDPIH then it has a WUP server function + Load network configuration, so you can download/upload system files with a python script .

See the for details.
In order to do this I'll need to get a raspberry pi it seems? Or am I misunderstanding
Post automatically merged:

You would have to say what is "Alf" (SLC typing mistake x2?) and what errors minute is giving you.

When you have minute.ini with autoboot=2, you should just boot redNAND with whatever rednand.ini says. As far as I know, it's MLC w/o SCFM.
Yah sorry, meant to type SLC. (Autocorrect doesn't like that word I suppose)

My minute.ini file is set up as follows,
[boot]
autoboot=2
autoboot_timeout=1

And my rednand.ini is as follows,

[partitions]
slccmpt=false
slc=false
mlc=true

[scfm]
disable=true
allow_sys=false

I posted a video of what the wii u does on boot up in nintendo homebrew discord but, what errors do you mean otherwise?

When manually trying to boot into rednand the error i'm getting is...

"Trying to load sdmc:/redotp.bin... NOT FOUND!
minini: Failed to open sdmc:/minute/rednand.ini'!
Press POWER/Q to continue"

On boot up it has a process where it looks like it is doing something, then hangs, then eventually kicks me back to the minute menu

Last edited by HotJuicyBurgers,

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Well, if you setup RedNAND to fight the failing NAND then UDPIH is not your tool, since the WUP server can only access the physical NAND files but you want files on your RedNAND right?

Based on the log seems to be an SD card issue? how about redo the RedNAND process?

HotJuicyBurgers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you setup RedNAND to fight the failing NAND then UDPIH is not your tool, since the WUP server can only access the physical NAND files but you want files on your RedNAND right?

Based on the log seems to be an SD card issue? how about redo the RedNAND process?
I can try to re do the rednand set up (if possible) but my ask is because everything was working right until I added some files to the slc, was just a step I was trying to do in troubleshooting if that would fix my issues

Is it worth attempting to restore SLC in the minute menu from the "SLC.raw" file i created upon initially setting this up? Is there a guide for that?

Edit: so... couldn't restore slc raw file, just gave me this error

1719968064552.png

I guess... my WiiU isn't seeing the SD card at all?

Last edited by HotJuicyBurgers,

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
I can try to re do the rednand set up (if possible) but my ask is because everything was working right until I added some files to the slc, was just a step I was trying to do in troubleshooting if that would fix my issues

Is it worth attempting to restore SLC in the minute menu from the "SLC.raw" file i created upon initially setting this up? Is there a guide for that?

Edit: so... couldn't restore slc raw file, just gave me this error

View attachment 445111

I guess... my WiiU isn't seeing the SD card at all?
Possibly, so if changing SD laid the same result, suspecting SD slot is damaged...alongside your internal NAND....

ISFShax has another plugin to simulate USB partition as SD card, so you can boot cfw without SD, but that cannot be used together with RedNAND IIRC.

HotJuicyBurgers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly, so if changing SD laid the same result, suspecting SD slot is damaged...alongside your internal NAND....

ISFShax has another plugin to simulate USB partition as SD card, so you can boot cfw without SD, but that cannot be used together with RedNAND IIRC.
I haven't tried another sd card, I guess that would be my last resort,

How... would I even go about doing that?

neverendsDull

Trophies
XP
Country
Tonga
Don't panic...yet
RedNAND is said to be picky about SD card, read the original thread and get the brand/model recommended by the author.

As for booting cfw from USB partition, it needs at least your internal SLC is good for booting.... check this plugin here you will understand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Tiny-hearing-aid-is-smaller-than-a-grain-of-rice-and-will-be-implan...