Hacking Any way to fix blue/black screen without NAN backup?

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, not sure if this is the proper place, so pardon me if I'm posting improperly.

Recently used ChoiDujour to update my firmware to 10.0.1 and it all seemed to go well until I hit reboot in which I got the blue screen in the default firmware. I tried to boot into Hekate boot menu and it works, but once I launch fuse_primary payload it shows the splash screens for Steph and Atmosphere and then sits at a black screen. I tried different boots and it says something about missing pkl's or pkg (I honestly forget). And of course normal system firmware goes to the blue screen. Tried a fresh Atmosphere install, no luck. Tried a complete "hack" reinstall, no luck.

I don't have my NAND backup because my laptop's HDD died literally the day I updated. Is there any way I can possible fix this? Open to literally anything.

Was looking at this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-run-any-switch-firmware-unofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/ but I'm not very versed in this sort of hacking, so I figured I'd do this as a last resort attempt.

Thanks so much for any help at all. I'm really bummed that I probably bricked my system.

Last edited by ManuscriptReplica,
Reactions: beeno92

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try a bundled CFW like Kosmos that is bundle with Atmosphere and see if it boot, my guess you used a bad firmware file maybe.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try a bundled CFW like Kosmos that is bundle with Atmosphere and see if it boot, my guess you used a bad firmware file maybe.

Yeah that's what I tried. I got the firmware from a place that was "confirmed safe". I had custom themes, but I disabled beforehand. Not really sure what happened.

Should I try using SDSetup and doing a totally fresh install again? Tried once, but no dice. Really bummed.

Thanks for replies.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's what I tried. I got the firmware from a place that was "confirmed safe". I had custom themes, but I disabled beforehand. Not really sure what happened.

Should I try using SDSetup and doing a totally fresh install again? Tried once, but no dice. Really bummed.

Thanks for replies.

Do a fresh pack of file, format your card as FAT32 if it on exFAT, theme did started causing problem back in 8.0.x I believe.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So grab a pack from SDSetup and just act like it's a unmodded Switch? I'll try that again in a bit. Any settings/packs I should use? Sorry, not super super knowledgeable about this stuff.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So grab a pack from SDSetup and just act like it's a unmodded Switch? I'll try that again in a bit. Any settings/packs I should use? Sorry, not super super knowledgeable about this stuff.

You can try Kosmos if SDsetup file pack isn't working, as for Atmosphere you want to chain boot into fusee-primary to boot Atmosphere.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok did a fresh install of everything on SDSetup (full package). I can boot into the Hekate menu and edit stuff. Tried launching fuse and it shows Sept and Atmosphere splash then sits at a black screen. Tried booting into CFW (sysnand), CFW (emummc) and Stock with Hekate/Kosmos and each time it says:

"Pkg2 decryption failed!"
Is Sept updated?
Failed to launch HOS!"

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help. Sorry for my ignorance.

Birbb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok did a fresh install of everything on SDSetup (full package). I can boot into the Hekate menu and edit stuff. Tried launching fuse and it shows Sept and Atmosphere splash then sits at a black screen. Tried booting into CFW (sysnand), CFW (emummc) and Stock with Hekate/Kosmos and each time it says:

"Pkg2 decryption failed!"
Is Sept updated?
Failed to launch HOS!"

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the help. Sorry for my ignorance.
This sounds like you have an oudated version of hekate and are trying to use one of the default hekate_ipl.ini config files usually provided by the Nintendo Homebrew discord

I would either manually update hekate by grabbing the latest release over here, or shift to vanilla atmosphere + sigpatches instead (sd setup while it's supposed to just "work", it's a lot of stuff put together in one and makes it harder for troubleshooting)

If you're going to try updating hekate first, download it from the hyperlink I provided, extract from the archive the bootloader folder, and copy it over to your SD card. Any files it asks to overwrite hit yes

The better solution would just be using a clean install of atmosphere, or neutos. Or (less ideal imo) kosmos grabbed from the github, not sdsetup

Reactions: ManuscriptReplica

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried fresh atmos from the github. Used fusepayload and it shows step and atmos splash screens then black screen. Tried "hekate_ctcaer_5.2.0" payload and it says "Missing LPO (sleep mode) lib! Missing or old minerva lib! Update bootloader folder!"

Any ideas?

grahamma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried upgrading to 10.0.2 yesterday and ended up with black screens on boot. I resolved this in the following way:

1) Copied the contents of my SDcard to my computer
2) Deleted the contents of my SDcard (did not reformat)
3) Used the SDSetup website to create a preconfigured bundle (Kosmos Defaults)
4) Copied the sd files from the bundle zip to my SDcard
5) Put the SDcard back in my switch and then injected the hekate payload that came with my bundle

At this point, I was able to boot and I confirmed that I was running with hacked firmware. My installed apps were visible on the homescreen, but none of them would run (of course).

6) I resolved this by copying the Nintendo directory from the backup I made in step 1) to my SDcard.

Now most apps (well, Animal Crossing) would run, but not Youtube.

7) I resolved this by downloading sigpatch-installer by Haruko-nx and then used it to update my sigpatches.

I am now back in business running firmware 10.0.2, Atmosphere 0.12.0, and Kosmos v16.

I'm posting this hoping that you might be able to follow these exact steps to get up and running again with your games and saves intact.

Last edited by grahamma,

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried upgrading to 10.0.2 yesterday and ended up with black screens on boot. I resolved this in the following way:

5) Put the SDcard back in my switch and then injected the hekate payload that came with my bundle

At this point, I was able to boot and I confirmed that I was running with hacked firmware. My installed apps were visible on the homescreen, but none of them would run (of course).

6) I resolved this by copying the Nintendo directory from the backup I made in step 1) to my SDcard.

7) I resolved this by downloading sigpatch-installer by Haruko-nx and then used it to update my sigpatches.

I am now back in business running firmware 10.0.2, Atmosphere 0.12.0, and Kosmos v16.

I'm posting this hoping that you might be able to follow these exact steps to get up and running again with your games and saves intact.

Hmm ok. I did basically that and never got to boot back into the actual system. I'll try doing this exactly though. I have already formatted unfortunately. But we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok tried this. Hekate loads up fine.

When I try to launch into CFW - sysMMC I get a text error reading "Pkg2 decryption failed! Is Sept updated? Failed to launch HOS!".

And when I try CFW - emuMMC I get a text error reading "emuMMC is forced but not enabled! Failed to launch HOS!".

Launching Stock does the same as sysMMC.

I just don't get it. Hekate seems fine, but I just can't get the actual system to boot. :/

I also tried creating a SD File emuMMC, but Hekate just freezes on "Checking for available space..."

Thanks for any help.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update. Successfully partioned and made a emuMMC. Now I get the same "Pkg2 decryption failed! Is Sept updated? Failed to launch HOS!" error for all the things I try to boot into. Fuse shows Sept and Atmos splash screens then goes black.

Looks like I'm getting closer? Still annoyed, but hopeful! Thanks for all the help lol.

ManuscriptReplica

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I just can't seem to validate the FW files with my keys.txt. Tried 30 different times/sets and still fails.

I'm really at the end of my rope.

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah so I just can't seem to validate the FW files with my keys.txt. Tried 30 different times/sets and still fails.

I'm really at the end of my rope.
i think you need to try hekate 5.2.1. , same thing happened to me upgrading to to 9.2 ,black screen , changed hekate , n booted up

Last edited by litlnicky,

litlnicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i think you need to try hekate 5.2.1. , same thing happened to me upgrading to to 9.2 ,black screen , changed hekate , n booted up
basically, download hekate ctcaer package latest, extract , copy bootloader n bin file to sd, i use reinx latest , so download reinx zip , extract, copy content to sd , boot via bin payload from the hekate package and select reinx once in hekate menu , make sure to put a copy of reinx bin in the bootloader payloads folder you copied over , else it wont see it in hekate menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

basically, download hekate ctcaer package latest, extract , copy bootloader n bin file to sd, i use reinx latest , so download reinx zip , extract, copy content to sd , boot via bin payload from the hekate package and select reinx once in hekate menu , make sure to put a copy of reinx bin in the bootloader payloads folder you copied over , else it wont see it in hekate menu, i know you could just reinx bin as a payload, but i like going in the hekate menu , loll

Last edited by litlnicky,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah search Google