Insitnct Switch OLED Blue Screen on OFW and Black Screen With SD Card

UR2SLO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a technician install a Instinct chip on OLED, After the chip install the insinct no sd message appears on screen, but when pressing volume + and - to stock firmware its blue screen. The technician then proceeded to remove the chip, reball the emmc and blue screen. Then he reflow the APU and still blue screen. I contacted instinct and they suggest reflashing the console as they have seen before, but I am not sure what the reflash process involves

Today I got the console put sthetix hats pack which has all the necessary files, but I get a black screen and it does not boot into hekate. I thought maybe it was sd card but i tried Sandisk 512, Sandisk 128, and Samsung 128 all give black screen. I having a tough time figuring what to do as most people with blue screen do not get the instinct screen. Anything I should try/do/check?

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same problem and couldn't quite figure it out. I'd be interested to know if anyone else came across this problem and what they did to resolve it.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest yet hardest thing is to part with your switch temporarily. Send it back to the installer, don't mess with someone else's work let alone void whatevs warranty you have with the installer.

ETD: lot of installers looking to make a quick buck, and not stress test their installs. I hang onto my installs for a week before letting them go, excessive I know but it's precautionary for good reason.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
All signs indicating faulty CPU.
Faulty in what way?

I presume Instinct is capable of booting without the CPU (hence the NO-SD screen). Is there something in the install process that could have caused the CPU to go boom?

On a side note, OP mentioned flashing the console - How would one go about doing this?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Faulty in what way?

I presume Instinct is capable of booting without the CPU (hence the NO-SD screen). Is there something in the install process that could have caused the CPU to go boom?

On a side note, OP mentioned flashing the console - How would one go about doing this?
Faulty as in shorted.

Blue screen means problem with one or more core components
It could be CPU, RAM, eMMC

Hekate would still run even with bad eMMC so that leaves you with those two.
You could try replacing the RAM modules. If CPU its obviously game over.

Console "flashing" I'd assume they mean eMMC recovery which isn't possible
Sorry to tell you I've never seen anyone ever recovering from this for as long I've been part of this forum

UR2SLO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Faulty as in shorted.

Blue screen means problem with one or more core components
It could be CPU, RAM, eMMC

Hekate would still run even with bad eMMC so that leaves you with those two.
You could try replacing the RAM modules. If CPU its obviously game over.

Console "flashing" I'd assume they mean eMMC recovery which isn't possible
Sorry to tell you I've never seen anyone ever recovering from this for as long I've been part of this forum
Donor or new CPU/APU is not possible to work? Will attempt to reflow the ram modules, but there is no way to actually test the ram modules are functioning depsite a proper reflow job? Same goes for APU no way to know APU is functioning despite a good reflow job?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Donor or new CPU/APU is not possible to work? Will attempt to reflow the ram modules, but there is no way to actually test the ram modules are functioning depsite a proper reflow job? Same goes for APU no way to know APU is functioning despite a good reflow job?
You can replace any component no issue in that but then again if the SoC works fine on the other unit seems counterintuitive to move it to the dead one.

This of course requires rebuilding the NAND from scratch hence no online services.

Last edited by Hassal,

UR2SLO

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Biskey work on oled switches or the firmware is to high? I could tell if its ram if i got a screen like this upon injecting. From what i read online this type of screen is ram related.

Attachments

• d58286037574a7fe89144741ad5ab7deba1cd81f_2_376x500.jpeg
    d58286037574a7fe89144741ad5ab7deba1cd81f_2_376x500.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 25

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
If I were you I'd just replace the RAM. If this doesn't work I wouldn't bother going any further because its most likely related to CPU. If you're going to swap out the SoC its a gamble since donor boards aren't exactly cheap and no guarantee on functioning CPU (the price of 2 donor would probably get you a guaranteed working one).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto