Hacking Any risk in updating cIOS on vWii?

ArgoRV

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I hacked vWii mode in 2015-2016 +/- but there are still some games that don't run, like Prince Of Persia, or Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers, and some others
How safe is it to use vWii Decaffeinator and install all the process again from zero?
This warning from https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/vwii-modding keeps me stopping from trying it

Patching IOS 80

If for any reason, the Wii U is turned off while patching IOS 80, your vWii will be bricked. This can be fixed by either extracting the IOS 80 from your previously made NAND backup and then replacing it over FTP or by reinstalling IOS 80.
The NAND Backup i have has previously patched that IOS, would that still be usable to recover in case something happens?
Thanks in advance

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No real risk. I've patched ios 80, but it's mostly for playing games from sd. However, it copies a shadow copy to the nand, and leaves it there unless deleted manually. I just wanted to test it, but it's really not worth it.

Glomgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I also thought about this recently, should have read more, I didn't really need IOS80. Installed it because I followed the guide and it went well.

vWii seems to have full brick protection even if you don't have a NAND backup. I thought it was possible to install cIOS over an old version? I did this on an old Wii.

Last changelog for Decaffeinator:

Now supports regenerating the setting.txt.
The file will be regenerated from the consoles region and serial which can be read from the Wii U mode.
This means it is now possible to restore a vWii from a 100% empty NAND.

Have you tried installing the Wii games with NUSspli?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1