Hacking Any reason to update from 3.3?

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. My question is not HOW to update....I know how to search and there are many good guides to do it. My question is is there any reason to? I have an original Wii (I bought it on opening day) with version 3.3 installed. I have it hacked to my liking with the newest HBC, bootmii, all the proper IOS's I need to play my games from my USB hard drive etc. Everything seems to work just the way I want to. My question is there any good reason to update to 4.X? Is there any features or anything I'm missing? Or can I just keep rocking 3.3 with no worries? Thanks!

knexkid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. From reading that page you linked me too I really no reason to update as basically updates are doing nothing but blocking further hacks....I'm missing SDHC support. I don't even have an SDHC card so I'm not too bummed about that. Thanks for the input. If anyone else has a convincing argument to update to 4.1 I'd love to hear it otherwise I think 3.3 is going to stay on my Wii

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason to update to 4.0 is the SD Menu. Its useful if you have a lot of WiiWare\VC There are alternatives like SNEEK,UNEEK Etc . I am on 4.1. I upgraded from 3.2. I like the sd menu. It rocks. I have no issues with anything as long as I keep IOS's up to date. I still have BootMii boot2. UNEEK +DI runs awesome. I see no draw backs and there is the sd menu. Update it. Do a bootmii backup. I think you can restore after the fact. Oh Yeah, It adds SDHC support. Another good reason to update.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDHC cards are dirt cheap, and the sd menu is well worth it. even updating to just 4.1 is doable through MMM or something similar, and bannerbomb still works with it.

there really isn't a reason not to. extra features, and still easily hackable.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I am on 3.2 still. If there is a burning need for you to use the SD menu then go ahead and update otherwise stay where you are as that is all 4.0+ provides.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night