Country
United States

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Biff627

Do you happen to know the thread where it discusses the solution around not breaking your cart slot past 4.0? I have been skipping out on this method because I want to retain that functionality...
The guide should be updated top do this and it should be generated when you get to the end-ish

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks, ill do a bit of digging there later!!
STEP 10: LAUNCHING THE FIRMWARE ANY OTHER TIME
IF YOUR CARTRIDGE SLOT WORKS ON <4.0.0 FIRMWARE AND YOU WISH TO KEEP IT THAT WAY, YOU MUSTALWAYS LOAD 4.0.0 OR HIGHER FIRMWARE USING THE [FS_XXX] OPTION WHICH USES REPLACEMENT FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 SYSMODULE VIA HEKATE ! EVEN A SINGLE BOOT WITHOUT THAT SYSMODULE REPLACEMENT USED WILL PERMANENTLY UPGRADE THE GAME CARTRIDGE CONTROLLER FIRMWARE TO THE 4.0.0 VERSION, MAKING IT UNUSABLE IN EARLIER FIRMWARES (so any "CFW" ini files you use YOU MUST ADD THE PROPER FS_XXX_nogc.kip1 LINE TO ALL ENTRIES).

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have little games you want to get right now just wait it out until the end of the year when the big titles are being released. I'd say if nothing is out by then and you want those games then just update if you don't mind using a jig or that AutoRCM thing (I don't actually know how that works lol other than needing some outside device for the payload but we all carry our phones with us 24/7 right?)

Phoenixrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I'm on 3.0.1 going to go directly to 5.1.0 and done... Afraid of messing something up just to upgrade without burning fuses. Maybe big N will do a fuse check which could mean this is in vain...

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 3.0.1 going to go directly to 5.1.0 and done... Afraid of messing something up just to upgrade without burning fuses. Maybe big N will do a fuse check which could mean this is in vain...

Doesn't the cartridge reader get flashed on 4.0.0 onwards so you cant downgrade? Just saying.

Phoenixrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Something like that there's steps to avoid cartridge reader from not working, but compared to 3ds hacking you need to know what Ur doing and wear big boy pants or that switch will really turn into a paper weight!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the cartridge reader get flashed on 4.0.0 onwards so you cant downgrade? Just saying.
You can still downgrade. If you were previously on 4.0.0 or higher, the cartridge slot just won't work anymore unless you're on 4.0.0 or higher.

In practice, an untethered coldboot or browser exploit on a low system version would be used to launch CFW/emuNAND, bypassing any need for a working cartridge slot on OFW.

Reactions: Phoenixrite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo