Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
According to Wikipedia, since May ps3 is hacked.
but I don't know anybody who can really confirm it.
There were rumors about Ferrox, Paradox loaders.
Anybody heard anything?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A couple of groups have had working loaders since early last year, however, they have no interest in releasing them to the masses at this time, as the exploits and such that the loaders use, are too eeasily patched, and that the typical over-exposure the loaders would receive would cause Sony to patch against them very, very quickly ...

Basically, the piracy scene being the way it is today, is the reason we all don't have the loaders yet.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Bob Evil said:
A couple of groups have had working loaders since early last year, however, they have no interest in releasing them to the masses at this time, as the exploits and such that the loaders use, are too eeasily patched, and that the typical over-exposure the loaders would receive would cause Sony to patch against them very, very quickly ...

Basically, the piracy scene being the way it is today, is the reason we all don't have the loaders yet.

its a myth, if you ask me.

nothing more, nothing less.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If loaders were out, then people would use it and not update their firmware.
So once it's out, Sony releasing a patch in the next firmware would be "too late".

Look at PSP, Sony couldn't do jack about people installing custom firmwares and using loaders. How long did it take to get CFW working on PSP slim again?

Volsfan91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
Do you really believe that?

Come on...

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Volsfan91 said:
Bob Evil said:
Do you really believe that?

Come on...

I don't believe it .. I know it ... and if you knew who I was, you'd believe it too
smile.gif

Bob Evil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like I said, loaders exist ... I did not say loaders were available for general consumption ... the kiddies who are dragging piracy into the light are the reason a lot of groups are going further underground ...

damon666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Evil said:
Like I said, loaders exist ... I did not say loaders were available for general consumption ... the kiddies who are dragging piracy into the light are the reason a lot of groups are going further underground ...

... and i hope it will stay this way... a huge place where a lot of kiddies drooling around called the internet is the real killer of the scene . man i wish i could turn back the time
cry.gif

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
^ SD loader said "Ridge Racer 7 Demo", I have no idea whether the footage was demo or retail but fishy enough. And I don't look forward to buying 50GB SDHC card, because 16GB cost more than enough already.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
deathfisaro said:
^ SD loader said "Ridge Racer 7 Demo", I have no idea whether the footage was demo or retail but fishy enough. And I don't look forward to buying 50GB SDHC card, because 16GB cost more than enough already.

They said it can run Retail as well as demos. They picked a demo as their SD card was only a gig big.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well that makes the loader really not that useful, because most games that fit in 16GB SD card are multiplatform and you can easily run them on modded 360 anyway.
(I couldn't find any 32GB or bigger SDHC on newegg so I assume they're hard to find or overpriced - probably both)

PS3 exclusive games are getting bigger and bigger as they use full-blown 7.1 sound source and high-res CG movies and stuff.

As of now, you can run Disgaea 3 for cheap, but not much else.

And people used to laugh at the price of BD burners, and the concept of burning PS3 games on BD.

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well that makes the loader really not that useful, because most games that fit in 16GB SD card are multiplatform and you can easily run them on modded 360 anyway.
(I couldn't find any 32GB or bigger SDHC on newegg so I assume they're hard to find or overpriced - probably both)

PS3 exclusive games are getting bigger and bigger as they use full-blown 7.1 sound source and high-res CG movies and stuff.

As of now, you can run Disgaea 3 for cheap, but not much else.

And people used to laugh at the price of BD burners, and the concept of burning PS3 games on BD.

LAMO - come off it....think a bit here will you. What can you put in your PS3 that has a very large amount of storage space??? ummm, gee, could it be a SATA HDD....?
unsure.gif
I dont deny that downloading a BluRay ISO, even from Usenet would be time consuming but hell I used to wait 20 minutes per MP3 track back in the day...and way back 'people' or caveman as some are now known (not me
blink.gif
) used to use places such as rental shops to make their own ISO's of game disks...I've been using copied games since my Amstrad CPC 664... Bring back the Multiface II hahahaha...

I can see where the idea of an SDHC based loader would come from but we are not talking about the PSP or a Wii here....Any kind of loader would obviously take advantage of the largest storage device possible and that aint gonna be some shitty removable SDHC card no matter what the storage size.

A loader would be very useful and if you were to believe Bob then there could be very well be one already - lets just hope some of these kiddies he speaks of leak the damn thing
smile.gif
or a group goes for a public release.. I'm not lucky enough to have underground links..
wacko.gif
Damn....

QUOTEIs that mean you are using one?

So who are you...?

I doubt Bob is one of these Kiddies he speaks of. Therefore one can only assume that Bob will not be telling you if he is or isnt using a loader of any kind. I would also expect that he will not be telling you who he is....If he does indeed have underground connections then he wouldnt have them for too much longer by releaving this kind of information to you or I. Nice try though!

Peace out dudes, bide your time and keep buying games until a loader does surface. IMO there are some titles which are worth the cash, MGS4/COD4 for example BUT there is a lot of shit out there... I also feel for you kids out there, £45 for a game is way too much for you to shell out on a paper round wage. We were all there once
wink.gif
I remember saving for months with my little bro, a few pounds a week for Super Mario Borthers 2...It took some time
biggrin.gif

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, HDD iso loader would make much more sense. Just mount something like 250GB which is pretty cheap. (SATA 5400rpm 250GB is like $100+-, just about the price of 2 games and reusable on laptops)

I heard Sony/PS3 is not really supporting 7200rpm HDDs, I wonder why. (I haven't tested how 7200rpm HDD behaves inside a PS3, so no idea about that)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?