Hacking Any "kid friendly" save game renamer made for flashcarts?

• Thread starter BryceOne
  • Start date
  • Views 913
  • Replies 6
B

BryceOne

OP
My nephew's have the R4 card and both love pokemon games. Is there any program for flashcards that can switch saved games from one to another so they can both have their own save file? Something "kid friendly".

Kiekoes

Former DS-Scene Staff
Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
What you can do is make two separate folders like /Nephew1 and /Nephew 2 and put the pokemon games in there. Then you will have separate save files. If you have any question please ask.

B

BryceOne

OP
Is there any homebrew "explorer"-type program for DS with a "file rename" option?

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
DSOrganise has a file browser that can do it, but I wouldn't describe it as kid-friendly. Kiekoes' suggestion was a pretty good idea.

B

BryceOne

OP
DSOrganise has a file browser that can do it, but I wouldn't describe it as kid-friendly. Kiekoes' suggestion was a pretty good idea.

The older of the 2 kids is 13, and he's good on computers, so I think he can rename file to his save, play the game, then rename back when finished. Right now they only have 1GB card so they are limited on space until we can get them another.

B

BryceOne

OP
Hmm.. Just found the WoodR4 firmware has the option to select a save slot (Under File Info/Settings/Features), so I can have multiple saves for 1 game. Very cool. It's something they can figure out easily.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1