Gaming Any iTunes Experts Out There?

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iTunes has seemingly eaten up any video that isn't labeled as either a Movie or TV Show.

When adding videos to the iPod Touch from iTunes, you have the option of right-clicking the file, for example, a music video.

So, right-clicking my Music Video that's already in the Movie section of my iPod Touch, and hitting "Get Info" then the Options tab, from there, I change the media type from Movie to Music Video... now, that's when the file utterly disappears from iTunes BUT is in the correct section in my iPod Touch... now, I did the same thing with a Podcast, because it was somehow mistaken for a movie, and now that too is gone from any iTunes menu, but still on my iPod Touch.

The music video I put on there is NOT from iTunes, mind you... so, I'm at a loss here. I want to delete all these old music videos and Podcasts, but I'd rather have iTunes display them rather than do it one by one from my iPod touch.

Also, if I make a Smart Playlist for my iPod Touch on iTunes, I can see all the Podcasts and music videos, but deleting them from a Smart List does nothing.

So, in closing... Why isn't my media displaying in iTunes when it's clearly on my iPod Touch?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The same thing happens to normal music when I try to use iTunes with my Gen2 iPod. The solution I found in the end was to connect the iPod to a StudioPro Apple Monitor. For some reason, that made my iPod behave itself, although the backlight of that monitor is dying now, so I can't really use it anymore.

Interesting fact: my iPod will crash any Mac (old ones or even the biggest, shiniest new ones just off the production line) within 5 minutes of plugging it in, but it works fine with PCs, even if it is very difficult to get it to load/unload songs. As a result, I vow never to use Apple products again (not that I dislike Apple particularly).

Ivoire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@rikuumi

Freaking awesome app, thank you. I can now see all my files again! This is perfect! I've been trying to fix iTunes all day. If I had no hits here, I was just going to restore my iPod Touch and start over. I owe you a good couple hours of putting files back in. Thank you again.

@Originality

Ugh, I agree. You know, the first day I bought my iPod Touch 3G(en), it got stuck at the Apple logo? First launch and boom... I like Apple, I do, and it's been working great thus far, save for their iTunes, but... I think if this ever goes, I may look into a Zune, MS is finally making their product look more appealing after all these years. Then again... a BSOD on an Zune wouldn't be pretty... Haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol