Any iTunes Experts Out There?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Ivoire, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Ivoire
    OP

Ivoire GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    iTunes has seemingly eaten up any video that isn't labeled as either a Movie or TV Show.

When adding videos to the iPod Touch from iTunes, you have the option of right-clicking the file, for example, a music video.

So, right-clicking my Music Video that's already in the Movie section of my iPod Touch, and hitting "Get Info" then the Options tab, from there, I change the media type from Movie to Music Video... now, that's when the file utterly disappears from iTunes BUT is in the correct section in my iPod Touch... now, I did the same thing with a Podcast, because it was somehow mistaken for a movie, and now that too is gone from any iTunes menu, but still on my iPod Touch.

The music video I put on there is NOT from iTunes, mind you... so, I'm at a loss here. I want to delete all these old music videos and Podcasts, but I'd rather have iTunes display them rather than do it one by one from my iPod touch.

Also, if I make a Smart Playlist for my iPod Touch on iTunes, I can see all the Podcasts and music videos, but deleting them from a Smart List does nothing.

So, in closing... Why isn't my media displaying in iTunes when it's clearly on my iPod Touch?

2. rikuumi

rikuumi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 2, 2008
    United States
    WA
    Download SharePod so you don't have to use crappy iTunes, period.
    DOWNLOAD LINK

3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    The same thing happens to normal music when I try to use iTunes with my Gen2 iPod. The solution I found in the end was to connect the iPod to a StudioPro Apple Monitor. For some reason, that made my iPod behave itself, although the backlight of that monitor is dying now, so I can't really use it anymore.

Interesting fact: my iPod will crash any Mac (old ones or even the biggest, shiniest new ones just off the production line) within 5 minutes of plugging it in, but it works fine with PCs, even if it is very difficult to get it to load/unload songs. As a result, I vow never to use Apple products again (not that I dislike Apple particularly).

4. Ivoire
    OP

Ivoire GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    @rikuumi

Freaking awesome app, thank you. I can now see all my files again! This is perfect! I've been trying to fix iTunes all day. If I had no hits here, I was just going to restore my iPod Touch and start over. I owe you a good couple hours of putting files back in. Thank you again.

@Originality

Ugh, I agree. You know, the first day I bought my iPod Touch 3G(en), it got stuck at the Apple logo? First launch and boom... I like Apple, I do, and it's been working great thus far, save for their iTunes, but... I think if this ever goes, I may look into a Zune, MS is finally making their product look more appealing after all these years. Then again... a BSOD on an Zune wouldn't be pretty... Haha.

5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I like Creative products. They've served me well since the days of SoundBlaster!

6. goldblade123

goldblade123 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 18, 2009
    Canada
    Yo look in your music it will be there with a screen mark.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice