OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
Meaning I'll have to upgrade it or I won't be able to kill R.Ludrie ?
The Ludroth's Nail worked fine though.
I managed to cut off its tail.
The only reason why I keep losing is because of the battle underwater with it.
I'm really at a disadvantage when battling it underwater.
Even when Cha-Cha constantly distracts it.
And its mane takes some time to aim and hit.
And I'm not good at it.
I saw some player who posted their gaming videos on youtube used a Ludroth's Nail.
By green sharpness, are you referring to the awakening of the sword ?
In which it grants you certain bonuses ?
If it is, well..
I don't think getting Ludroth's Nail to green sharpness is a good idea.
Because it grants the user 100% water elemental attacks.
Which will be even more ineffective against the Ludrie.

And great swords aren't really like my forte as I've mentioned.
Sorry ): .
I really can't stand big bulky slow weapons.

By the way, do you know how to get masks for Cha-Cha ?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeh me niether great sword is slow and cumbersome but its alot powerfull than ludroths nail when it comes to bosses with tough skin

ok loom at this link I use rugged great sword upgraded from iron sword+ look at the sharpness of it, its just into the green bar which is easy to kill R ludroth, not just cut off his tail but to kill it outright, btw you can switch weapons, I have a ludroth nail, rugged great sword, bone axe and a lance.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_Great_Sword

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have finally beheaded the Royal Ludroth
biggrin.gif
!!
Now all I need to do is hunt for another Royal Ludroth and I can complete my Royal Launcher.

All I need right now is to choose the suitable bladed weapon for me aside from sword and shield.
Any suggestions anyone ?

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey hi Blood_26, I start by saying welcome to temp!

now for MH£ there are 2 suggestions I have for you
smile.gif

the first one is to bookmark this site: Monster Hunter Wiki - this site basically has information about EVERYTHING, however if your looking for guides on how to beat a certain boos they've taken them all down because they doing some reformatting or something...I dunno.

The second page I have for you would be: Monster Hunter Tri Beginner's Guide - I've suggested this thread because..well I have that one tracked
rofl2.gif
and there's ALOT of information about various things from me and other users in the later pages, which you may come to find usefull as you play.

As for Weapons don't restrict yourself to 1 type of weapon, you can always find good things in variety.
The Bowgun (not my weapon of choice and personally I avoid it at all costs
smile.gif
) is a difficult weapon to use and get right, you've really got to know your monsters weaknesses and ammo.

As for the monsters there are materials you can only get if you "break" certain parts of the monster, for the Great Jaggi you can damage it's head (the frilly bit around its head becomes torn) this increases chances of getting King's Frill (I think...don't quote me on that) for the Qurupeco you can damage it's break and break the flint off its wings (damaging the beak will give you Strange beak, breaking the flint off the wings will give you Flintstone), and many of the other monsters you can generally damage the head, chop off it's tail, break wings, break horns and various other things. For me I find this easiest to do with weapons other than the Bowgun, I personally use the Longsword whenever I can (unlocked later on in the game) before that I used a Hammer or Switch Axe.

I hope I've helped you in some way...if not oh well it was worth a try
wink.gif

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
DarkWay said:
hey hi Blood_26, I start by saying welcome to temp!

now for MH£ there are 2 suggestions I have for you
smile.gif

the first one is to bookmark this site: Monster Hunter Wiki - this site basically has information about EVERYTHING, however if your looking for guides on how to beat a certain boos they've taken them all down because they doing some reformatting or something...I dunno.

The second page I have for you would be: Monster Hunter Tri Beginner's Guide - I've suggested this thread because..well I have that one tracked
rofl2.gif
and there's ALOT of information about various things from me and other users in the later pages, which you may come to find usefull as you play.

As for Weapons don't restrict yourself to 1 type of weapon, you can always find good things in variety.
The Bowgun (not my weapon of choice and personally I avoid it at all costs
smile.gif
) is a difficult weapon to use and get right, you've really got to know your monsters weaknesses and ammo.

As for the monsters there are materials you can only get if you "break" certain parts of the monster, for the Great Jaggi you can damage it's head (the frilly bit around its head becomes torn) this increases chances of getting King's Frill (I think...don't quote me on that) for the Qurupeco you can damage it's break and break the flint off its wings (damaging the beak will give you Strange beak, breaking the flint off the wings will give you Flintstone), and many of the other monsters you can generally damage the head, chop off it's tail, break wings, break horns and various other things. For me I find this easiest to do with weapons other than the Bowgun, I personally use the Longsword whenever I can (unlocked later on in the game) before that I used a Hammer or Switch Axe.

I hope I've helped you in some way...if not oh well it was worth a try
wink.gif

Hello and thanks for the welcome
smile.gif
Yes, I have tried MH wikia, but I find it to be abit messy.
Atleast for me.
They don't really provide a complete info.
Meh, you're right.
Bowgun requires alot of time to master, and the need to reload puts users at a disadvantage.
For me, my arsenal of weapons mostly consist of light-weigh weapon that are easy to handle and are mostly speedy.

Currently, I'm using Sword and Shield to severe the anatomies of Bosses.
I forged a Ludroth Hammer yesterday and attempted it on bosses like Great Jaggi and Qurupeco.
I personally think Hammers are pretty useful for monsters who are pretty fast but they don't work well against slow moving monsters like a Royal Ludroth.
So I normally rely on Sword and Shields to take down slow moving bosses.
I still am looking forward to forging a Long Sword.
Though I think it'll be slower than a Sword and Shield
ohnoes.png

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
By the way, has anyone of you defeated Barroth ?
I have a hard time doing so.
But Bowguns are my best option so far.
They really provide a safety range.

MonsterMurdry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blood_26 said:
By the way, has anyone of you defeated Barroth ?
I have a hard time doing so.
But Bowguns are my best option so far.
They really provide a safety range.
acctlly the best weapon i preferred for barroth was longsword.
seeing it paralysis with spirt gauge hit 65% of the time. if u cn keep it still
but longsword is de best weapon.
but upgrading it is a hassle.
also forging ur first one is more of a hassle. but hey it was worth it to mi.
i hav full armor set for deviljhos and larczurs.
but if u want something big to kill it. use a lance.
u cn gaurd n hit .
so for close range lance would be best with barroith.

I hope this'll help ur decision some : D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.