OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
I recently started playing MH3 not long ago.
Just last week I think xD.

Anyways, I'm having troubles using bowgun yet its the only weapon I really prefer.
Since, I just started not long ago, my equipments are pretty low ranked.
I am only equipped with a set of leather armor and a basic light bowgun and thats about it.

I've just taken on the quest to capture a Great Jaggi.
And its been giving me a hard time.
Because I can't capture it
ohnoes.png

So, I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share their advice with me when it comes to using Light Bowgun.

By the way, is it possible to get a Royal Launcher during the early game ?
I just can't seem to find a Royal Ludroth ):<
And Rudroths have a low chance of dropping Immature Sponges -_-.

p/s : Forgive me if I've done anything wrong. I just joined the forum today and I jumped straight to a new topic
ohnoes.png

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havn't used light bowgun, but for that quest i used a med bowgun, due to not having tranq bombs at the time... i used lots of lv2 pellet shots, to inflict damage, and a few cragshots, stocked up on potions and just beat it up that way. dunno if the same applies to light though.

Perhaps you could use extra traps, to weaken it or something? though you can only take one of each. i just used one electric trap and two tranq shots though.

for the sponges, have you tried re-doing quests to kill ludroths? ya tend to get spoils at the end that includes spoils? Royal ludroth isnt for a while yet. i think its half way through the lv3 quests...

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
serpenter said:
I havn't used light bowgun, but for that quest i used a med bowgun, due to not having tranq bombs at the time... i used lots of lv2 pellet shots, to inflict damage, and a few cragshots, stocked up on potions and just beat it up that way. dunno if the same applies to light though.

Perhaps you could use extra traps, to weaken it or something? though you can only take one of each. i just used one electric trap and two tranq shots though.

for the sponges, have you tried re-doing quests to kill ludroths? ya tend to get spoils at the end that includes spoils? Royal ludroth isnt for a while yet. i think its half way through the lv3 quests...

I...for one..
Am not a fan of a med bowgun.
The folding part is cool, looks like you're folding out a BFG xD !
But the weight of it seriously hampers me.
And I'm not really those who can expect myself to be walking while holding a BFG (sorry
ohnoes.png
)

After a long hour of repeating my hunt for a Great Jaggi, I finally got it down -_-.
And I seriously don't wanna do it again ._.
Speaking of which, I spent an hour watching Monster Hunter Tri videos on youtube.
And I realized a few things..

1. Hardly anyone uses Light Bowgun.
2. It seems like you shouldn't restrict yourself to one type of weapon or your favourite weapon.
3. Monsters tend to have a higher chance of dropping your desired loot if you injure them at the right part.

I wonder if that is true.
Can someone comment on this ?
Oh, I managed to get the stock for the Royal Launcher after killing what seems to be an endless rounds of Ludroths everyday I play MH3 ._.
Now I just need the barrel and frame.
Which will be a pain in the ass
ohnoes.png
!

Does anyone agree that I should get a sharpness-based weapon aside from bowguns ?

And as mentioned, can someone give me some advice on the do(s) and don't(s) when it comes to using Light Bowgun ?

On the side note, Cha cha's urgent quest is annoying ._.
Now that I've made it to the 3 stars-based quest, I can imagine myself having a hard time with the Querepeco ._. (correct me if I'm wrong Dx)

CatScratchFever

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend that I play with a lot is a committed bowgun user, and he really liked the Royal Launcher. While he prefers med bowguns, he was impressed with how fast he could equip it and get going. And when he fully improved it, it was stronger than the med bowgun he had at the time (I think the Tropeco).

It's good to keep a variety of weapons, but chance are there is one type you'll just fall in love with. After getting my first switch axe, I've hardly used anything else since. It's one of the most damaging weapons in the game, and it's fairly versatile for its slowness (weapon slowness doesn't matter much when you learn how monsters move around). If you like having speed, though, I'd probably recommend the sword & shield. It doesn't do much damage but it's very versatile, and you can use items while you have it equipped. Also, by the time you get to the 4 star quests, you can start making sword & shield sets with elemental effects. I think you can make the Azi Dahaka after beating Gobul, which has paralysis, one of the best status effects in the game.

And yeah, the Cha-Cha mission was annoying, but USE HIM! I may sound crazy but Cha-Cha makes the game so much better. Really, he's just another target for monsters to go after, which makes them open for more of your attacks. Don't worry about him fainting, he always comes back eventually. And as he levels up he'll learn some neat abilities.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah no one likes Light Bowguns.

Yes you should get a bladed weapon. Bowguns are good, but it's not always useful.
And for some stupid reason, you still need whetstones when using hammers. lol

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
CatScratchFever said:
A friend that I play with a lot is a committed bowgun user, and he really liked the Royal Launcher. While he prefers med bowguns, he was impressed with how fast he could equip it and get going. And when he fully improved it, it was stronger than the med bowgun he had at the time (I think the Tropeco).

It's good to keep a variety of weapons, but chance are there is one type you'll just fall in love with. After getting my first switch axe, I've hardly used anything else since. It's one of the most damaging weapons in the game, and it's fairly versatile for its slowness (weapon slowness doesn't matter much when you learn how monsters move around). If you like having speed, though, I'd probably recommend the sword & shield. It doesn't do much damage but it's very versatile, and you can use items while you have it equipped. Also, by the time you get to the 4 star quests, you can start making sword & shield sets with elemental effects. I think you can make the Azi Dahaka after beating Gobul, which has paralysis, one of the best status effects in the game.

And yeah, the Cha-Cha mission was annoying, but USE HIM! I may sound crazy but Cha-Cha makes the game so much better. Really, he's just another target for monsters to go after, which makes them open for more of your attacks. Don't worry about him fainting, he always comes back eventually. And as he levels up he'll learn some neat abilities.

I agree with your pal.
Which is the reason why I fell in love with Light Bowguns in the first place.
Light Bowguns can really outdo some Med Bowguns IMO.
Speed > Strength.
And for some reason, it seems like bowgun truly shines when you're playing with an online party.
Party Members distract, you shoot from afar.
Sad thing I can't get an online connection, since my MH3 is a copy ):
Once again, you're right.
My tactics are mostly all speedy (yet I still suck at it because Speed was never really my forte.)
Most of my time are spent running around until I find a vulnerable spot from the creature.
Ludroths are really easy to take down. Even with a basic bowgun, because they're so horribly slow...On land that is >.>

Though I haven't played the previous series of MH.
But after checking out the weapons.
It's kinda sad to know Dual Blades and Bows were omitted from the game.
Dual Blades seems sweet
biggrin.gif

Again..Yes.
Cha-Cha is cute.
He's funny.
But he still makes me wanna bitch smack him xD.
Then again, I'll spare him that because he seriously spares me from bitch slap of awesomeness from most creatures.
And I don't have to worry if he dies.

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
naglaro00 said:
Yeah no one likes Light Bowguns.

Yes you should get a bladed weapon. Bowguns are good, but it's not always useful.
And for some stupid reason, you still need whetstones when using hammers. lol

Yeah.
Probably because they're trying to make it into a Pow Hammer :wtf: ?
Colette Brunel's "godly" hammer.
It is godly though -_-... in a way..

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
On the side note,
If you were able to hold two bowguns in hands,
Wouldn't that remind you about Margeret Moonlight from No More Heroes 2 ?
If you dunno her, go youtube search it
biggrin.gif
She's the most liked villianess.
Minus the blade parts, it really looks like a bowgun xD.

AlphaOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
umm... if your having difficulty hitting monster with your bowgun why not keep them stationary. load up on flash bombs then hit them with your best ammo. also try sleep bombing. bombs does more damage when monsters are asleep.

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
AlphaOne said:
umm... if your having difficulty hitting monster with your bowgun why not keep them stationary. load up on flash bombs then hit them with your best ammo. also try sleep bombing. bombs does more damage when monsters are asleep.

But bombs are expensive
ohnoes.png

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
naglaro00 said:
You should try using sword and shield if you really can't with a bow

Trying to.
What I'm still lacking right now is Immature Sponges -_-.
I've been so lazy to dive underwater lately.

If I do get em, I'll still have to go hunt for some Great Jaggis to make a set of Great Jaggi Armor.
Ludroth Nails (Sword and Shield) plus Jaggi Armor sounds abit right.

Even though after searching it on youtube, it seems like you're asking for trouble if you do engage the Qurepeco with close range weapon O_O

By the way nag, could I request for your messenger
ohnoes.png
?

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ludroths nail is not very good against royal ludroth, I switched to great with green sharpness and I can take out a royal ludroth quite easily, as the other guy said in the other thread know your enemy.

I have to kill barroth havnt tried in the last 4 days or so, but my sword is not good against this boss, somone said to go for a bone bludgeon which I might try and upgraded my bone axe to a bone axe+.

great jaggi wait until you get 2 of them hitting you lol its quite funny hehe

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
Am0s said:
ludroths nail is not very good against royal ludroth, I switched to great with green sharpness and I can take out a royal ludroth quite easily, as the other guy said in the other thread know your enemy.

I have to kill barroth havnt tried in the last 4 days or so, but my sword is not good against this boss, somone said to go for a bone bludgeon which I might try and upgraded my bone axe to a bone axe+.

great jaggi wait until you get 2 of them hitting you lol its quite funny hehe

O.o.
About the R.Ludroth, yes I know.
Ludroth Nails are generally blades infused with water elemental power yes ?
I still haven't got to that quest though.
I'm still stuck at the Qurupeco quest.
But meh..its a pain to find those items just to get a sword for one boss battle.

Once I get my Royal Launcher, I swear I'm sticking on to it for life.

On the side note, are Royal Ludroths frequent once you unlock the 3 stared quest ?
They seem to big compared to a Great Jaggi and a Great Baggia.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well each day check with junior he will tell you what days what big monsters are about. Qurupeco was easy with a great sword with green sharpness, except when it calls in a huge monster lol

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
Am0s said:
well each day check with junior he will tell you what days what big monsters are about. Qurupeco was easy with a great sword with green sharpness, except when it calls in a huge monster lol

Uh..Am0s..
I still have no idea what green sharpness means O_O !
Anyway, I forged Ludroth's Nail.
And I must say, its pretty versatile.
In fact, is so strong, I took down 2 Great Jaggis without any healing items.
You just need to dodge and watch out.
And I did it in those novice outfits.
And I attempted the Qurupeco with that.
I must say, well, it is easier to get Qurupeco down.
Though I died cause I was careless.
He is still hard you know.
I hate that fact that you can't hit his wings.
His wings are like tough shields
ohnoes.png
!
Sigh oh well..guess I am best by a Qurupeco -_-.

Blood_26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
-
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have finally got down the Qurupeco
biggrin.gif
!
Ad now my new challenge is the R.Ludroth underwater -_-.
Sigh, why does this keeps happening to me ?
The R.Ludroths are much easier to hit though.
It's relatively slow.
Unless it starts rolling -_-.
And I managed to cut off its tail
biggrin.gif

Does anyone have any advice to offer ?
I'm using Ludroth's Nail.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ludroths nail is easy for great jaggi, the reason why you cant hit the wings oif the quepcro or whatever its called because of the sharpness, when you upgrage the sword axe or whatever, you will see a sharpness bar, to kill R ludroth it has to be in the green and great sword upgraded to green sharpness kicks ass, also if you hit r ludroth with ludroth nail, you will bounce back, same with the bird, hope that clears it up a bit, just get a great sword and upgrade it to green sharpness then tak out R ludroth

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.