wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Kiss of the Dragon, with Jet Lee. Slightly overboard, but fun. No wires, no CGI, just Jet Lee kicking tons of butt.

Oh, and Crying Freeman, with Mark Dacascos, based on the Kuraingu Furimanu manga. Not exactly realistic, but no Matrix either (not a single wire in sight
happy.gif
). Totally stylised, like watching an anime. All it needs are speed lines in the more dynamic scenes. Definitely worth seeing.

EDIT: One more thing.
Not exactly a typical martial arts film, but with some great fight scenes (and also Monica Belucci in a few nuddy scenes
wink.gif
): Brotherhood of the wolf. Marc Dacascos as an Indian (of the "native American" kind, not from India), who comes to medieval France to track and kill a mystical beast
wacko.gif

But once you get over the plot, the rest of the film is nice to look at (again, Monica Belucci in the nude
happy.gif
).

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Story of Ricky is a film so terrible it's actually fun to watch. True 100% trash
happy.gif

Hero is eye-candy, and the story is nice, but the fights themselves are too artistic to be a "real" "martial arts" movie.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
crouching tiger? house of flying daggers? just hit up your local movie store and check out their forgein/martial arts section and look at the ones that interest you...

oh yea... and you guys keep mentioning tony jaa movies like their different... they just renamed them for the different territories... the warrior kind in uk is the proctector in usa, and ong bak 2 in thai... from what i know, he only has two movies out.

AND shoalin soccer is the best damn movie ever, i love soccer too though...

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
Ong-Bak and Warrior King are amazing, the latter being my favourite. Definately check them out, Tony Jaa is pretty awesome
biggrin.gif
. Also Jackie Chan's new film 'New Police Story' isn't bad at all, not totally being a martial arts film, but its Asian so you might like it still, and it has a few fighting scenes.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the suggestions. I've seen most of those movies, It's just been a while and I can't remember anything from them. You guys should watch "Fighter in the wind" It's one of the greatest korean martial arts films EVER in my opinion. Go! GO NOW! WATCH IT! ...demonoid
smile.gif

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My favs are:

Legend of Drunken Master (Jackie Chan)
Ong-Bak (Tony Jaa)
Tom Yum Goong (Tony Jaa)
Hero (Jet Li)
House of Flying Daggers(Jet Li)
Fearless (Jet Li)
Unleashed/Danny the Dog (Jet Li)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I haven't seen a lot... I'll be netflixing some of these ^^ to be sure... but of the ones I've seen in the past year, Iron Monkey is just wonderful. I watch it over and over, my kids like it too.
I saw Enter the Dragon when it first came out, I was in third grade at the time. Loved it, and loved having a brother 10 years older than me that would tell my mom we were going to see a Disney flick or something, then take me to see The Eiger Sanction or Blazing Saddles... heh heh.. anyway, I digress... I don't know if it's really considered a martial arts flick, but I also really enjoyed A Chinese Ghost Story, just lovely, and funny too.

wow, you must be ancient, i would die to see that film for the first time in the cinema
happy.gif
btw has anyone seen bruce lee a dragons story? it's all about bruce lees life, i also have the DVD Bruce Lee A Warrior's Journey, it has a ton of stuff that was cut from his films.

whats everyone favorite scene from the martial arts movies?

*SPOILER*
mine is from crouching tiger hidden dragon when the woman enters the tea house and is confronted by those brutes, and then pow she goes all crazy and starts to K.O them, in tom yum goong, my favorite scene is at the last part of the film when he fights a ton of guys and starts breaking every part of their body, just awesome, and then he fights that huge guy and breaks his skull, lethal
laugh.gif

mackster

Trophies
XP
Country
house of flying daggers is pretty good! i think you should watch movies with jackie chan or bruce lee in them
biggrin.gif
(its my 100th post WOO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk