mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of any good martial arts films? Besides Fearless, and this one korean movie which I forgot the name of (I think it had the word "Wind" in it)

Foolio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky
cool.gif
It can be hard to find, but it's worth the effort.

mflo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've seen onk-bak already, it's pretty tight. Thanks for posting
I'm looking for a serious martial arts film. Unlike Kung-pow.
It sucks how Fearless was Jet-Li's last Wuxia film

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gotta agree with enter the dragon! it is the best but my top three martial arts films are defo

1:enter the dragon
2:Police Story
3:Wong Fei Hung I and II ( quality films jet li if you dont know ) think they once upon a time in china as an english title

gotta agree that kung-fu hustle was a good film, try Shaolin Soccer if you enjoy that, perhaps not the great film of the genre but a great watch non the less!

Hope this helps!

play station poo
psp.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen so many martial arts films of late I seem to have forgotten them all:

If you liked Ong Bak then the Warrior king may also be of interest, I personally rate them up with Wong Fei Heung/once upon a time in China.

Not serious per se but Samurai Commando was an interesting watch, the Azumi films are not bad if you want period action.

Also the old Zatoichi films are not bad.

shiftybill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you like ong bak then you have to see Tom Yum Goong, it has the same actor in it

also Jackie Chan's Legend of Drunken Master is a classic (drunken boxing)

sipoon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oldboy is soo not a martial arts film, it is however pretty good, I only saw it once, i don't think i can watch it again cos of the storyline(won't spoil it for you)

you could try:
Once upon a time in America
(part of Jet Li's once upon a time in china series) it has an early owen wilson as a cowboy (before he was in shanghai noon)
(Jacky chan)
Drunken master
Armor of God
Police Story
(Bruce lee)
Way of the Dragon (bruce lee vs chuck norris)
The big boss (bruce lee's first, probably my fav)
Fist of fury(also remade by jet li)

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you lot have pretty much mentioned all the default stuff, how about game of death aswell? danny the dog by jet li is not bad, (a lot of british humour) but that film is not jet li's best though, but still decent.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen a lot... I'll be netflixing some of these ^^ to be sure... but of the ones I've seen in the past year, Iron Monkey is just wonderful. I watch it over and over, my kids like it too.
I saw Enter the Dragon when it first came out, I was in third grade at the time. Loved it, and loved having a brother 10 years older than me that would tell my mom we were going to see a Disney flick or something, then take me to see The Eiger Sanction or Blazing Saddles... heh heh.. anyway, I digress... I don't know if it's really considered a martial arts flick, but I also really enjoyed A Chinese Ghost Story, just lovely, and funny too.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chinese Ghost Story is @ the top of my favorite movies growing up....that's because when I was a kid I was in love with the main actress....do yourself a favor and don't watch 2 and 3 though, those are pretty inferior compared to the 1st one....especially 3. I'd suggest The Protector, cool thai flick with that guy that's rising in stardom quickly ever since ong bak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool