PS1/2 Any FF7 experts here?

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I'm currently playing through Final Fantasy VII and I've got to Disc 3. I have several characters with Limit Level 4, and I have a gold Chocobo and KotR, but I'm really struggling to get Omnislash. Two questions...

1) Once when I was doing the Battle Square, there were ONLY materia handicaps. I don't know what it was that made it this way (my materia/weapon setup maybe?) but I would like to have another chance at this if anyone knows how to get it like that, so that there's only materia losses an no level downs, status ailments, etc. Thanks.

I remember I had the Yoshiyuki equipped at that time, whereas I now have the Ultima Weapon. Stupidly,I only had 10 BP when I entered, so despite winning over 10k Battle Points, I couldn't continue...

2) I've missed all three ribbons. However, I did read online that you can use Morph (which I do have!) to transform Master Tonberries into Ribbons, but I'm wondering, can you still return to the world map from an area where you can encounter those enemies?

Cheers.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Morph works best with yuffie conformer weapon

you can go all the way down the norther crater to the point where the party rejoin at the bottom and still walk out

also
a combo like added effect+transform on armor can be useful if you do not have a ribbon

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morph works best with yuffie conformer weapon

you can go all the way down the norther crater to the point where the party rejoin at the bottom and still walk out

also
a combo like added effect+transform on armor can be useful if you do not have a ribbon

Cheers. I've got a Ribbon now. That + the Mystile and Ultima Sword means I can easily win through all 8 battles at the Battle Square consecutively, but I just need more GP to get myself up to 32k (and sometimes I'm unlucky when I keep getting the 'Half HP' handicap, curse that thing).

Do you know a fast way to get GP, other than playing the arcade games? Can you buy them anywhere, because I have plenty gil?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
i say for GP,
race you OWN bread Chocobos and get GP not the item
you get buy GP, by the save point where you enter the the gold saucers sometimes a guy will be hidden by the house in the background the will sell GP for gil

remember if exit battle square, BP get rest to 0

Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a guy who randomly appears by the save point in the golden saucer. Speak to him and he will exchange Gil for GP. The conversion is not that great though. Dont you win GP for chocobo racing?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i say for GP,
race you OWN bread Chocobos and get GP not the item
you get buy GP, by the save point where you enter the the gold saucers sometimes a guy will be hidden by the house in the background the will sell GP for gil

remember if exit battle square, BP get rest to 0

You read my mind fella :)

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I currently have 30 GP, just need more to make sure I can get up to 32k BP before I leave the Battle Square. I can always keep grinding them on the arm wrestling minigame if all else fails, I could probably get more than enough in less than half an hour that way (certainly when using that square mashing trick during the slots, which I haven't quite mastered yet!). I can't really be bothered with the Chocobo Racing which explains why I used the RNG glitch thingy to get Knights of the Round. Cheers guys.

Anyways, gonna go fight Sephiroth once I finally get Omnislash.

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sephiroth is a pussy cat compared to Ruby and Emerald Weapon!

Yeah, I shouldn't have too much trouble beating him. I don't think I'll bother trying with those two Weapons this time round, as I've missed too much important stuff and it's just too much grinding. Might give it a go on a future playthrough though.

Last edited by Radiobread,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a bit of a slog both Weapons. Check this out. Fastest Ruby and Emerald Weapon defeat I've seen. Wish I could claim credit.

Radiobread

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's awesome. So does that Lucky 7 trick keep continually doing damage until the enemy dies / takes on another form, without them getting another turn? And my god that time limit on Emerald is startling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1