Hacking Any disadvantages of A9LH+Sysnand only (no Emunand/Rednand)

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Advantages
- 1~2GB free on SD card (because we won't anymore be using emuNANDs)
- GBA and DSiWare made easy (you only install them once)
- Quick boot (7~10 seconds to show up home menu, and miliseconds after pressing the power button to launch the hax itself)
- Pre-kernel recovery tools by holding a specific button when turning on the console (decrypt9, godmode9, hourglass9, etc)

Disadvantages
- Even with FIRM0 and FIRM1 protections, sysNAND isnt 100% safe
- Break FIRM0 or FIRM1 can result in bricking or even loss a9lh (you can't brick them with updates if you are using Luma3DS/Cakes or any cfw with FIRM0/FIRM1 protections or any other CFW that does this, but messing around with decrypt9 without knowing what you are doing you can)
- You never know when something happen will happen to your sysNAND

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
- Even with FIRM0 and FIRM1 protections, sysNAND isnt 100% safe
Yes it is
- Break FIRM0 or FIRM1 can result in bricking or even loss a9lh (you can't brick them with updates if you are using Luma3DS/Cakes or any cfw with FIRM0/FIRM1 protections or any other CFW that does this, but messing around with decrypt9 without knowing what you are doing you can)
Then switch to hourglass9
- You never know when something happen will happen to your sysNAND
It won't if you know what you're doing

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why I am never going to just sysnand is because of how much I have installed to my region swapped emunand. They both have basically the same boot times (~17 seconds for emunand, ~18 seconds for sysnand, probably just some anomaly for the extra ~second), and I like to have eshop access to actually buy jpn games with (yes, even with piracy, I like to buy games).

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why I am never going to just sysnand is because of how much I have installed to my region swapped emunand. They both have basically the same boot times (~17 seconds for emunand, ~18 seconds for sysnand, probably just some anomaly for the extra ~second), and I like to have eshop access to actually buy jpn games with (yes, even with piracy, I like to buy games).
Having different region NANDs is a perfectly valid reason for emunand imo, so more power to you for that :)

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

dabu-sapper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone tell me the correct Luma settings if i created an new emunand again?

I mean the settings on the screen if i hold select at boot.

Last edited by dabu-sapper,

jeppad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey one quick question, installing atm Luma3ds arm9,

can i later change my sd card? Im using later the sysnand.

I mean just swap the files.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
There is one new disadvantage to going sysnand only and that is you will be unable to use NTR once Ninty releases an update that breaks using the 10.2 firmware.bin. Thus, it might be a good idea to set up a 10.3 emunand for use with NTR now just so that it is ready.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021