Hardware Any decent strategy to get my hands on that limited edition new 3DS on Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mchew

Advanced Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks so much dude! I also checked the return policy with google and it says "Most unopened items in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange."
Is this 90 days affected by whether the item is open or not either?
Electronics items are 30 days. Like I said, just repack it carefully. 3DSs either have no seal or a clear circle sticker that is really easy to peel off.

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you ever want a white 3ds? every little scratch collects grime and dirt instantly. its really not that yummy to look at after a while
the only reason is because each of my other 3ds' have the standard black shell. and I feel like most of the faceplates look nice with the white shell

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Electronics items are 30 days. Like I said, just repack it carefully. 3DSs either have no seal or a clear circle sticker that is really easy to peel off.
thank you, I looked it up and it says within a year, so good thing to know that I don't actually have a year lol :D

mchew

Advanced Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless the retailer wants to be an a$$ and put their own seal on it. I've seen that before.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello,

We're contacting you about order #999999999999 (fake oc) for Nintendo New Nintendo 3DS Super Mario Black Edition - Nintendo 3DS. We recently learned that an error caused this item to be displayed at an incorrect price.

This was our mistake, and we'll honor the incorrect price for one of the items you ordered. However, we're unable to honor the price for multiple quantities of this item. Therefore, we've adjusted the quantity of your order to 1.

We're sorry about this. At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced.

The correct price is listed on our website now, so if you'd like to place another order for more of this item, you can do so here:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAWPRA

We value your business and hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
Amazon.com

Say ... what. Did anybody else get this weird email from amazon? The price was obviously right before, unless they're just trying to screw scalpers.
(i only ordered one)

Last edited by zoogie,

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got my White mario Edition . Came on 11.1 . A big upgrade from my Old Black 3DS :) Looking forward to dsiware now ! (After i find a scredriver :( LOL

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, managed to get one at a physical Toys R Us, Black 11.0 as expected.
Attempted to cancel Walmart order (still Pending), not sure if that'll work but store pickup would fail/refund eventually anyway.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, managed to get one at a physical Toys R Us, Black 11.0 as expected.
Attempted to cancel Walmart order (still Pending), not sure if that'll work but store pickup would fail/refund eventually anyway.
it's already out? I thought it was friday only??

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
it's already out? I thought it was friday only??
Black Friday used to mean Friday, but for a while, Black Friday starts on Thursday after everyone has eaten (where many have not as they stand in line), and even now, some stores are deciding to push to Wednesday so people can get back to their families for Thursday eats.

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black Friday used to mean Friday, but for a while, Black Friday starts on Thursday after everyone has eaten (where many have not as they stand in line), and even now, some stores are deciding to push to Wednesday so people can get back to their families for Thursday eats.
i know stores start on thursday now, but I thought specific items like the n3ds' were exclusive to friday

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Went to the local walmart with the plan to snag a black unit and cancel my amazon order so I could have one today.

They. Had. One. Entire. Unit. O.O

I went ahead and stood there in front of the cabinet waiting for an employee to show up, not daring to lose my place.
Well, this older couple came up and started talking about it like it wasn't already spoken for. I let them have it since they were likely buying for a kid and I already had one ordered anyway. I think it was the right thing to do. :P sorry for the coolstorybro

Reactions: tivu100

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went to the local walmart with the plan to snag a black unit and cancel my amazon order so I could have one today.

They. Had. One. Entire. Unit. O.O

I went ahead and stood there in front of the cabinet waiting for an employee to show up, not daring to lose my place.
Well, this older couple came up and started talking about it like it wasn't already spoken for. I let them have it since they were likely buying for a kid and I already had one ordered anyway. I think it was the right thing to do. :P sorry for the coolstorybro
:evil: I am telling you it's a dual IPS you just passed there...

Kidding

Reactions: zoogie

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know stores start on thursday now, but I thought specific items like the n3ds' were exclusive to friday
Nope, initial posts said 25th but it was later changed to 24th.
Only difference between online and in-store is stores didn't start until 5-6PM (I actually got out of the store just before 5PM).

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, initial posts said 25th but it was later changed to 24th.
Only difference between online and in-store is stores didn't start until 5-6PM (I actually got out of the store just before 5PM).
did you manage to snag one? like I said previously, I grabbed a black one on target last night because i took too long to enter my stupid information to get the white one :C

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you manage to snag one? like I said previously, I grabbed a black one on target last night because i took too long to enter my stupid information to get the white one :C
Yeah, I got in line, got a paper ticket (basically giving me the "right" to grab one), and just went in and bought it.
No idea how many there actually were, it was just brought up to me after I paid.

Was pretty simple, though whether stores have any now would be a different story.
For Target you can try Brickcheck but anything else is a pure gamble.

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brick check wouldnt even load the stores for me earlier lol
Target, or Walmart?
Brickcheck has a Walmart checker but everything said "0" and had a conflict warning.
Checking for Target gave me far more real-looking numbers (anywhere from 2 to 50+...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not even once, but 100's of times
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My girlfriend at the time, she had me stay up with her all night because some how the crazy bitch had spent like 12 hours snorting 2 8 balls, didn't use any water (gotta clean your nose) so she had so much crusted in her nose I was sure she was gonna blow up her heart. I mean this was the stuff right off the boat so absolutely pure. ugghh so annoying
    Also doing like 320 dollars worth of coke in half a day lol damn it
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest...