Any decent strategy to get my hands on that limited edition new 3DS on Black Friday?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RemixDeluxe, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I've owned my one and only 3DS since launch back in March 2011 and I'm finally ready to get a new 3DS. I want to plan ahead and make sure I get this thing as I'm afraid Nintendo will under supply it as per status quo and be susceptible to scalping. Worst part is there is no indication that this is just for Black Friday only and if more will be made throughout the holiday season.

I was thinking of Best Buy but they start their Black Friday this year at 5pm on Thanksgiving and I would prefer to finish eating with my family first. Would Target be the next best stop? Will any be sold online so I dont have to waste time waiting outside of a store?

fodder likes this.
  2. fodder

fodder STARMAN

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    I'm curious about this too, I'd like to get one, but we all know how black friday is

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It does look like you'll be able to get it online:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-super-mario-white-edition-white/5624707.p?skuId=5624707
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-new-3ds-super-mario-black-edition-black/5624704.p?skuId=5624704
    https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-New-3DS-Super-Mario-Black/dp/B01MG2CWAS/?tag=bisafetynet-20&th=1

But we're probably gonna have to be really quick haha

3. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Dont forget Walmart too https://www.walmart.com/ip/3DS-BLK-HDWR/54906123

fodder likes this.
  4. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I really hope the online option pays off. I don't know about tax, so I'd have at least $106 ready. I wish it was pre-order.

fodder likes this.
  5. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I was at Best Buy in person on Sunday. I saw a fat stack of at least 20 of them behind the glass case. Of course when they tried ringing it up it got rejected and said not till Black Friday. I even asked if I could preorder to assure I would get one for myself but they said I have to come at 5pm on Thanksgiving and "leave it to chance."

They seriously suck ass for making me have to choose between spending time with family on Thanksgiving or a game system that is never available any other time.

RustInPeace and fodder like this.
  6. DavidRO99

DavidRO99 Average Ryzen user.

Jun 11, 2016
    Korea, North
    your back-door
    Black friday already ended in Romania.... I did get a sick new phone tho.

7. nightbreed813

nightbreed813 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Target is doing black Friday at 5 as well, in my area anyways.

fodder likes this.
  8. fodder

fodder STARMAN

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Man 5 is so early, most people won't even start eating for thanksgiving by then lol

9. nightbreed813

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Me and my gf both work in retail so we haven't had a Thanksgiving in a few years

RustInPeace and fodder like this.
  10. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    Any idea what New 3DS are good to get for hacking purposes? Im on about what bundles have the firmware needed-im looking at a Monster Hunter 4 bundle

11. nightbreed813

Aug 12, 2009
    United States
    United States
    If your not scared of doing a hard mod or you have one that is already hacked it doesn't matter. Other than that I'm sure most are already updated to a firmware that is too high, but not sure.

12. ChokingVictim87

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    Hmm..well I have got a n3ds thats hacked,but its blocked from online after stupidly going online with Pokemon Sun. Could I still use that?

13. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Any 3ds is good to hack since hard modding is still available and so is the DSiware downgrade. Get whatever model you personally prefer.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No you can't use the DSiware method on a banned system since a system transfer involves connecting to the servers. Try getting it unbanned first.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Nov 22, 2016
  14. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    nowinstock if you wanna snipe on amazon

15. julienbdes

julienbdes GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2015
    Canada
    Link ?

16. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
  17. ChokingVictim87

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    I think you may be confused as to what Im asking,I am going to buy a new 3ds (with the c stick) but what bundle usually has the firmware thats exploitable on? Thanks

18. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Neither of the small Black Friday N3DS (small) will be exploitable out of the box. Hard mod, CFW transfer (DSiware), or wait for slowhax are your options.

19. ChokingVictim87

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
    I was thinking about getting the Monster Hunter 4 bundle off Amazon-think that one won't work either?

20. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I'm not sure, honestly. You'd have to search to see what firmware it came with, and you'd be paying a premium since it was a LE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.