Gaming Another noob that can't get Animal Crossings local play to work

squidward

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I'm looking for some help connecting two Switches together for local multiplayer. One is official with a Nintendo online account and one is using SXOS 2.9.4 and emunand and has been in airplane mode from the beginning and has never connected to the internet. The SXOS Switch does have Stealth mode enabled and Internet local wireless play enabled.

I thought I would be able to disconnect my cable modem & router from the internet by just disconnecting the coax cable so that it acts as a local router only. That would give each Switch its own local IP address, but no ability to get to the internet. So for the SXOS switch I turned off airplane mode, and connected to my SSID. I successfully connect to the home network but the connection tests fails when trying to connect to the internet. In this setup, neither could connect to the internet but I only needed them to connect to each other on the local network. They find each other using (+) on the Animal Crossings app, then Software Update, then Match version with local users. But when I open the island for visitors and try to travel from the other Switch it says 'Oh drumsticks, no island found'.

So then I changed both Switch's MTU setting to 1500 (from 1400) and that didn't work.

So then I tried to use LAN Play and followed some instructions. I installed WinPCap, LAN play and launched the GUI. I connected to a server. I followed the internet settings guide for the SXOS Switch. I left the official Switch with my normal home internet connection. And that didn't work. But I only set up LAN Play on the SXOS Switch, not both. Do I have to configure the official Switch with the same LAN Play internet settings?

Then I canceled all of that LAN Play and tried using 90DNS servers. So the official Switch connected with my normal home internet connection settings. The SXOS Switch connected to my normal home internet but with the primary and secondary DNS servers changed from automatic and replaced with 90DNS servers. Still, I cannot get local multiplayer to work. I still get 'no island found'. Does Animal Crossing have to verify with Nintendo servers before allowing a local multiplayer game and 90DNS prevents that from happening?

I prefer to keep my SXOS Switch offline to avoid having it get banned. I have never been online with the SXOS Switch, and it's worked fine for my needs. But I would really like to play together and not use the stupid leader/follower setup for multiplayer on the same Switch.

What am I doing wrong?

squidward

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have the ldn-mitm sysmodule enabled do you when trying?
Turn that off, everything else should work from there
Thank you for the reply. I am not sure. I'll search to see how to verify that and disable. I know I read about it in another post somewehere, I just need to find it.

EDIT: I found the github site. Added the nro to the Switch folder. Launched SXOS, Homebrew, and ldnmitm cfg app. spacemeowx2. v1.1.1-5f68d915. ldnmitm_config.nro
I received error code: 0xf601, 0xf201. fatal: ldn_mitm is not loaded or too old(requires ldn_mitm>= v1.1.2) press any key to exit

Last edited by squidward,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1