Another leak reveals Wii source code, iQue related files, N64 test demos, and more

9TZanJG.png

In recent times, we've seen quite a number of major leaks in regards to video game content. Joining the leaks for The Last of Us Part II's story cutscenes, and the source code for both Pokemon Gold and Silver and Team Fortress 2 is a collection of Nintendo-related content. Supposedly, RouteFree, the company behind Nintendo's iQue Chinese division, and BroadOn, a company that assisted Nintendo with the development of the Wii, were recently hacked, leading to a source obtaining various files from them, including source code and betas.

Included in the files was information about how Nintendo created the Wii itself, demos for games that they used to test the Nintendo 64 during development, the full source code for the Nintendo Wii's IOS, a handful of pictures and documents about Nintendo's plans during the years of 2004-2006, the iQue GameCube SDK, and much more. Certain users have already begun uploading videos of some of these leaked demos running on emulators or official hardware. Just as with the other leaks, you cannot link to the content or distribute it, as those files contain copyrighted content.

:arrow: More information

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were this leaker I would dump the entire archive on the internet at once. I honestly prefer getting these leaks on a weekly basis rather than it being handed to us all at once but MAN am I afraid that the Nintendo Ninjas are going to murder the leaker before they have the chance to leak it all.

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people are starting to make me laugh here and on other forums. the 'source code' for old titles becoming lost is SFA. game devs will tell you the most impotent part is the games assets, models, textures, SFX, Music. You can slap a game engine together with whatever these days and a systems dev kit will have everything you need to render it.

Reactions: Deleted User

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
people are starting to make me laugh here and on other forums. the 'source code' for old titles becoming lost is SFA. game devs will tell you the most impotent part is the games assets, models, textures, SFX, Music. You can slap a game engine together with whatever these days and a systems dev kit will have everything you need to render it.
While I am certainly not going to downplay the importance of assets (even if they ultimately get replaced it is nicer to have them as nice placeholders to replace rather than remake from scratch or have straight up placeholders) and you can indeed "slap a game engine together" it will feel like it -- I assume we have all played crap remasters, crap ports (especially on old consoles or things to weak consoles when porting really meant something and hard choices had to be made), bad fan remakes and the like -- even if you have design documents then chances are you still had some dev tweaking an acceleration curve of movement last thing on a Friday night and did not care to document it. To that end don't dismiss engines too quickly.

Reactions: Deleted User

minka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
apparently (i dont have the source for this) the people behind this leak are also going to leak spaceworld 99 demos.....

earthbound 64??? :grog:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

especially with all those fan projects that they shut down for no reason at all

hopefully we can use these leaks to make pokemon rom hacks, that'd be the best insult to injury

Reactions: arjunpatel

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is it time for the revival of the Wii homebrew? :unsure:
this changes nothing for wii homebrew i mean what people want is better emulators and emulators would need the source code of the other consoles since you are already using a wii in the first place so using wii source code gains you nothing lol, this only helps wii emulators so i guess dolphin can see some of their weak points and make them less cpu heavy and more accurate but beyond that this does nothing for the wii, maybe someday when you want a wii emulator on switch 3 or 4 maybe.

Reactions: Solitario

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
what one does and what one says are diferent things lol, they can look and then code diferently from that but giving the same result, how do you think emulators are made? they dont just made them out of air, they use sdks and any documentation they can find out there.
They reverse-engineer. It seems to me that you never read the Dolphin reports, know about serious developers like byuu, or have ever investigated how emulators are made "out of thin air" in the past 30 years, which in reality is called intelligence, coding time, passion, and focus. So, if you wanna think they aaaaalways steal info from docs (which are one case, and SDKs another), be my guest, whatever makes you happy. "lol".

Reactions: sindrik

IncredulousP

GBAtemp's Resident Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell would anybody know if someone looked at it or not? Don't copy any code, just get insights into how it works and maintain a clean room reverse-engineering repo. One that is improved but largely still imperfect and unrelated to any actual source code.

Unless they are just saying this for face.

Reactions: Ryccardo

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How the hell would anybody know if someone looked at it or not? Don't copy any code, just get insights into how it works and maintain a clean room reverse-engineering repo. One that is improved but largely still imperfect and unrelated to any actual source code.

Unless they are just saying this for face.
yeah this exactly... they might have small errors here and there from supositions so they can just check them and than change the code without copying anything ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1