16-year-old claims to have hacked Nintendo's developer portal, leaks 50GB of files

saddsaadsasdadsds.png

A fledgling hacker appears to have taken advantage of a lack of security on Nintendo's official developer portal, leading to the leak of over 50 gigabytes of internal files relating to the Nintendo NX, development tools, SDKs, and more. The hacker happens to be a 16-year-old, stating that they have little to no actual hacking experience. but still managed to have gotten credentials to a Nintendo developer account, and used it to grab whatever they could off the CDN, and then extract the proprietary compressed files. According to them, the leak contains:

- Documents related to the inner workings of the NX system (NX is the codename for Nintendo Switch)
- Development tools related to game development of Nintendo (NintendoSDK and Unity for NX)
- Source code related to tools by Nintendo that are used in many Nintendo Switch games!
- Backend code for Nintendo networking (NPLN, NEX, Pia)
- And a whole lot more (graphics, files, etc.)

Please remember that GBAtemp does not allow the sharing of copyrighted content.

:arrow: Source

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh.. It’s no Earthbound 64 alpha
It's gonna take probably around 2030 or 2040 for it to finally be revealed, either that or its never gonna happen.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not again...

i mean, its cool, now modding and hacking is going to be super easy/ easier, but how does this happen so often? can they not hire cybersecurity experts?

Reshiban

Trophies
XP
Country
France
not again...

i mean, its cool, now modding and hacking is going to be super easy/ easier, but how does this happen so often? can they not hire cybersecurity experts?
That's like a very small "leak", not something very interesting as I understood

redmagejosh

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
It would be interesting if along with whatever backend code he got(assuming his claims are true) from the Nintendo's networking were details on how they figure which consoles to flag/ban online. Like what logs they read or specific lines in those logs.

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. So let me get this straight, this kid doesn't have a lot of hacking experience, managed to get into the development portal, breaking a federal law at the end of the day, but was dumb enough to reveal stuff like his age. You know some people are smart, we've had literal geniuses become criminals...but even they at least don't reveal stuff like this, they may have made a mistake, but this isn't even a mistake, why does it matter what the age is anyways? Is this supposed to be a funny jab at Nintendo's security? I don't find it funny, I question the kid honestly and his capabilities, which leads to my second point.

2. Why the hell are people dumb enough to misuse their capabilities like this, why not help the world, be more beneficial rather than a problem? This kid could be a security analyst if he plays his cards right and advances his capabilities, he could even be the next big technological inventor that impacts humanity in a positive manner, but nope....let's just misuse capabilities to do wrong doings right? "Hardy har har, it's fun." but it's also really stupid.

Humanity sometimes is questionable, I can't comprehend half the actions many seem to condone regularly, and it's rising drastically in the numbers where that's concerned, that is concerning. If this is out of spite, it's not right, we should be better than this as people.
Lapses in intelligence at their finest

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
" - Backend code for Nintendo networking (NPLN, NEX, Pia)"
If that aids third party servers in coming along that would be nice to see.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only they get leaked. there also greedy money grabbing assholes for some of there games that never go on sale. (i'm just saying what i think of them)

FFTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this will help in hacking all versions of the switch. That would be great, even if you are stuck at a specific firmware like the PS4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm in my birthday suit! Lol