longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jskyboo said:
Long time lurker first time poster here with a bit of a surprise and I NEED testers. I too have been getting fed up with having to bounce around between a bunch of apps while working on my wii and so have decided to tweak Dop IOS Mod to have some of the functions I thought it needed and others had asked for. So I present to you yet another mod of Dop IOS mod.

Some of the things I've added(so far):
Wad Manager - I first started with Wad.Manager 1.5 Folder Mod3 by wiiNinja, but by the time I got anywhere with the program Leathl had modified it again to WAD Manager 1.5 Multimod. I have since rolled Leathl's changes into the one I added(although I haven't had the time to fully test his additions yet)

IOS Checks for Fakesign Bug, ES_Indentify, /dev/flash Access, USB2 Tree Access, boot2 Access(maybe), NAND Permssions, and a check to see if the IOS can get the System Menu Version and other data of the like. As well as outputting to a csv (sd:/dopiosmod.csv)

An update all IOSs option - please note I have not had the time to fully test this as im working with limited resources currently but it should work. Basically it tries to update all IOS that aren't stubbed and if they are it goes with the last build. It also let's you individually choose to add Fakesign Patch or yes to all or no to all.

Priiloader Hacks!! Ok so this basically tries to handle priiloader hacks about the same way priiloader does. I have tested this on my own wii but I am not sure how it acts on a wii that does not have priiloader installed yet so the outcome of that is currently unknown but I have a feeling it might work.

And a Switch to Priiloader option(magicword)

When I first started working on this Dop IOS Mod was at around rev 30 or so(not sure) I have since updated it to rev 40 but like Wad Manager I wasn't testing the new functions and so I have no idea if the TBR stuff is still working, but it should.

NOT FULLY TESTED YET!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

As this has some dangerous new features I can not stress it enough PLEASE DO NOT test this if you do not have bootmii installed to boot2 and a valid nand backup. If you are unsure about this at all please do not test it and let others find the bugs, otherwise this could brick your wii. If you are wondering why I have added priiloader hacks and not startpatch, it's only cause I have priiloader installed and could test it easily. I also haven't added in all the thanks to the Created by list soo for those involved with the programs this is based on: Dop IOS Mod, IOSCheck, signCheck, sysCheck, Priiloader, and Wad Manager Multimod, thanks this couldn't have been made without you.

So here is the link to a compiled version of my mod with the source included. Please test it out if you have a good nand backup and help me find bugs. Also I plan to add some more functions after the new year.

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?wimounl5rzk

had a little look at this app last night looks as if everything would work just a bit confused on how to check your IOS's like signcheck or IOS check

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@JSkyboo: The remove stub IOS function works nicely, but could you make it so that the IOS list gets refreshed, should one then decide to do something with the stub IOS slot(i.e. install a new IOS over it in the Install IOS section)? I also tested the boot2 info, and it doesn't quite work right. It stays on the screen for about 0.5 seconds, then goes back to the options screen.

Sometimes the WAD Manager bugs out with a -1 error, but if you take it slow(Still trying to figure out what causes it) it works. The Signcheck doesn't seem to work, though. I set Check IOS to 1 and Output CSV to 1, and nothing appeared on my SD card.

Edit: The boot2 info flickers if you use a GC controller. Oops.

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im back with a few bugfixes, I've manually merged the svn up to rev 45, hopefully refreshed the IOS list after removing stub IOSs, Added a flush output buffer to hopefully fix the boot2 screen flickering but as I don't have a gamecube controller currently I can't test that, and added a sanity check to the priiloader hacks loader(if offset and values are not the same length it will disable that hack) priiloader has something like it but as I had to code most of the priiloader hacks from scratch(priiloader is written in c++) I do somethings differently and don't have all the sanity checks that it has.

As I said before im working with limited resources currently and don't have an sd card reader so I can't test the output csv function right now. I had it working at some point but I have made some changes to it that I haven't checked yet and don't have the ability right now. If it is not working try creating the file(sd:/dopiosmod.csv) before running the app to see if that changes anything.

As for the Wad Manager problems please check if Wad Manager Multimod has the same issues. I may have missed something when updating it from mod3 to Leathl's Multimod or it could just be a problem with the Multimod.

OH and if you are wondering how to check the IOSs, on the IOS selection menu set "Check IOS info" to 1. And again please do not test the more dangerous parts right now if you do not have bootmii as boot2 this software CAN BRICK YOUR WII.

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?hmuv2oyxxgk

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jskyboo said:
Ok im back with a few bugfixes, I've manually merged the svn up to rev 45, hopefully refreshed the IOS list after removing stub IOSs, Added a flush output buffer to hopefully fix the boot2 screen flickering but as I don't have a gamecube controller currently I can't test that, and added a sanity check to the priiloader hacks loader(if offset and values are not the same length it will disable that hack) priiloader has something like it but as I had to code most of the priiloader hacks from scratch(priiloader is written in c++) I do somethings differently and don't have all the sanity checks that it has.

As I said before im working with limited resources currently and don't have an sd card reader so I can't test the output csv function right now. I had it working at some point but I have made some changes to it that I haven't checked yet and don't have the ability right now. If it is not working try creating the file(sd:/dopiosmod.csv) before running the app to see if that changes anything.

As for the Wad Manager problems please check if Wad Manager Multimod has the same issues. I may have missed something when updating it from mod3 to Leathl's Multimod or it could just be a problem with the Multimod.

OH and if you are wondering how to check the IOSs, on the IOS selection menu set "Check IOS info" to 1. And again please do not test the more dangerous parts right now if you do not have bootmii as boot2 this software CAN BRICK YOUR WII.

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?hmuv2oyxxgk
just tested the pre/priiloader hacks part doesn't work but it did in earlier version

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@longtom1 Would you mind posting your hacks.ini? it sounds like the change I made is tripping it but it is hard for me to know without knowing what the input was. The change is intended to check if the number of offsets matches the number of values and if not disable that hack, but in your case it may be parsing the offsets or values into more parts than there actually are. Is it just one of the hacks isn't working? or all of them? what is displayed?

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@longtom1 I looked at the file real quick and couldn't eyeball any problems. if you wouldn't mind please run this quick hack I made that will output which hacks are causing the problem and ill know what line the program can't handle correctly. For the most part the only changes are I've now merged to dop-iosmod rev 48 and made the program output and wait instead of disabling the hack it can't read it correctly. The output of this should help me find what kind of input it has trouble with.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mxmz5dlbnai

Further discussion moved to newer dop ios thread:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199...t&p=2497453

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jskyboo, ambitious work, I feel it needs it's own thread instead of piggy-backing Giantpune's mods
just to keep things more organized and understandable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.