Homebrew RELEASE Another Funkin' Game Installer - a reskin of TinWoo/Awoo Installer

gaminstickmin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is just the same as TinWoo/Awoo Installer, except it's Friday Night Funkin' themed

Nothing new added, other than Girlfriend on your screen (she'll make beep boop noises whenever an install succeeds or fails, if you have turned sound alarms on), & the Friday Night Funkin' Font

Whatever option you pick
She grabs it
For example, if you pick "Install from SD Card", she will have an SD Card in her hand

Instructions:

Insert the SD Card into your computer
Place the switch folder on the root of your SD Card
Go to your Switch
Open "Another Funkin' Game Installer" using Homebrew Menu (Hold "R" while opening any game)
Go to Settings, turn on "Use Theme", open the App again & then you'll see Girlfriend all over the app

Attachments

• another-funkin-game-installer.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 199
  • 2021080812444100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2021080812444100-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 359
  • 2021080812444800-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    2021080812444800-DB1426D1DFD034027CECDE9C2DD914B8.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 291
Last edited by gaminstickmin,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is just the same as TinWoo/Awoo Installer, except it's Friday Night Funkin' themed

Nothing new added, other than Girlfriend on your screen (she'll make beep boop noises whenever an install succeeds or fails, if you have turned sound alarms on), & the Friday Night Funkin' Font

Whatever option you pick
She grabs it
For example, if you pick "Install from SD Card", she will have an SD Card in her hand

Instructions:

Insert the SD Card into your computer
Place the switch folder on the root of your SD Card
Go to your Switch
Open "Another Funkin' Game Installer" using Homebrew Menu (Hold "R" while opening any game)
Go to Settings, turn on "Use Theme", open the App again & then you'll see Girlfriend all over the app

No screenshot's ?

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
since you didnt add any features to tinwoo, you should probably not include the nro but just the skin/theme.
releasing another installer just adds to the confusion and dont forget that you will have to support it (updating tinwoo in your release as soon as tinwoo itself updates) or otherwise people that start to use your installer, are stuck on that version and will have to move back to the OG tinwoo, leaving your skin behind in the process.

If you only ship your skin, it will be compatible with probably any version that will come long after you decided to not support this anymore. and you dont add to the confusion of another installer that literally is exactly the same as OG tinwoo.

I know its your first post and you probably want to do someting others can enjoy. in itself its a neat thing and you should continue to expiriment with things. but keep in mind that everything you do and release (if its used) has long term impact on the scene and you decide if its for the better or the worse.

gaminstickmin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
since you didnt add any features to tinwoo, you should probably not include the nro but just the skin/theme.
releasing another installer just adds to the confusion and dont forget that you will have to support it (updating tinwoo in your release as soon as tinwoo itself updates) or otherwise people that start to use your installer, are stuck on that version and will have to move back to the OG tinwoo, leaving your skin behind in the process.

If you only ship your skin, it will be compatible with probably any version that will come long after you decided to not support this anymore. and you dont add to the confusion of another installer that literally is exactly the same as OG tinwoo.

I know its your first post and you probably want to do someting others can enjoy. in itself its a neat thing and you should continue to expiriment with things. but keep in mind that everything you do and release (if its used) has long term impact on the scene and you decide if its for the better or the worse.

You're right, will do that with the next posts
It was my first time in this site

I basically made a new icon for it, and changed the app's name and icon for the NRO

Last edited by gaminstickmin,
Reactions: Slluxx

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
All I want is a Tinfoil alternative for remote installs. All these other applications require me at my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: