ANOTHER EPISODE OF CONSOLE COMPARISONS: Phillips CDi vs Panasonic 3DOh Shit, Here We Go Again...

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Yep, another console comparison. This time pitching a console known for a fat guy saying "Obama" against an overpriced console that's only known because of a game about plumbers not wearing ties...
The Phillips CDi vs the Panasonic 3DOh Shit, here we go again. Let the battle begin.

Horsepower:
(I'M NOT FUCKING SURE THE SEARCH RESULTS REFUSE TO TELL ME! "16 Bit" is not "horsepower", that's just a CPU POWER LEVEL.)

Design:
Phillips CDi(the controllers were just as ridiculous to set up so shut the fuck up)

Sales:
Panasonic 3DO (Approx. 2 Million)
Phillips CD-i (570,000)

Games Published:
Phillips CDi (208)
Panasonic 3DO (200)

Disaster Causes:
Phillips CDi (Caused Nintendo to slowly hate the planet more and more alongside Sony.)
Panasonic 3DO (Lost $2857 from it's awful flop. I ACTUALLY DID THE MATH-AMPHETAMINE (Math stands for that and not "Mathematics") TO FIGURE THIS OUT.)

Lives lost(For humor purposes only):
Tie (400 billion people died trying to play the games. May they rest in peace alongside the idiots who thought it was smart to watch PeePo(BZZZZT) without wearing a hazmat suit...)

Overall Winner: Phillips CDi. Yeah, I know I sound biased because of the memes, but let's face it, I did legitimite research for this while sick and having just returned from my millionth hiatus.)

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Design:
Phillips CDi(the controllers were just as ridiculous to set up so shut the fuck up)
How on earth were the CDI controllers ridiculous to set up?? You plugged it into the console and that was it. The same as a SNES controller on the SNES or indeed pretty much any other console lol.

philips-cdi-game-pad-loose_1.jpg

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Overall Winner: Phillips CDi. Yeah, I know I sound biased because of the memes, but let's face it, I did legitimite research for this while sick and having just returned from my millionth hiatus.)
You're fuckin' crazy! Literally the only thing the CDi is known for now is memes - the 3DO legitimately had some good games that over time were ported to many other systems. 3DO wins just for Road Rash and Return Fire.

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
  • Love
Reactions: hippy dave

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
...and given the logic you've displayed so far the Pippin will win, right?
I'm not entirely sure. The GCN won on a thread. the GB won no question, the PS5 won by long miles, and the CDi won because I didn't want to make another Plumbers Don't Wear Ties reference,
Post automatically merged:

CupheadtheCritic is just like that fat angry gamer.

Not really. I did legitimate research for this but got pretty bored with it.
Also if you want a more detailed version then I can do that, you know.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not entirely sure. The GCN won on a thread. the GB won no question, the PS5 won by long miles, and the CDi won because I didn't want to make another Plumbers Don't Wear Ties reference,
Post automatically merged:

Not really. I did legitimate research for this but got pretty bored with it.
Also if you want a more detailed version then I can do that, you know.
"Legitimate research". Yeah right, legitimate research my ass. Like where do you get this information from, Wikipedia?

• Haha
Reactions: duwen and impeeza

Jacobh

Trophies
XP
Country
3D0 was ahead of its time. Ultimately it was just too expensive and people weren’t ready for game consoles as multimedia machines. It had some great games and was the home of the first Need for Speed.

The CDi was an expensive cd player with a lot of edutainment and full motion video games. The software was more like to the old laser disc games than a modern games console.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
... You've brought barely any arguments into either. So... You're declaring a winner based on memes of cringy Nintendo characters?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.